Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scronklover Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Jun 29, 2008, 02:33 AM
    My Best Friend Loves My Brother
    My best friend, Mo, is practically in love with my brother... she likes him a lot anyway! She is in my grade, going into 8th grade, and he is only going into 6th. Jesse, my bro, considers her a friend but sends her REALLY messed up signals. She told him to stop, but he doesn't know what is wrong with what he is doing. Today he told her not to like him anymore and she told him she won't like him. She told me, later, that she still liked him! She has a serious problem, but I still love her. She would do anything for him, but he would rather her die than himself, if you know what I mean. She I sgetting depressed and it kills me to see him torture her like that! I want to help her, but I don't know what to tell her!! Help me!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2008, 06:40 AM
    Sounds like they are both sending and having mixed signals.
    Sit each of them down separate and tell them each that it is not good for them to consider each other as more than friends right now. To put their feelings on hold for when they are in high school and have a better shot at a real relationship. Right now if they were to date they could end up not liking each other and miss out for a maybe better stronger relationship later in life. Right now they are still to young and need to get in touch with who they are and what they feel and want in life better.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jun 29, 2008, 07:04 AM
    Learning how to interact with girls/guys is hard work, and it takes practice. And people get hurt in the learning process, it's that "hurting other people" that motivate you to do better next time.

So, let them go through this. Console them both, don't lie for either one. Butt out, but stay handy to help when asked. This stuff is supposed to be hard.

Jun 29, 2008, 08:24 AM
    He doesn't like her, but the mixed signals he sends would be hugging her... playfully! She finds it confusing, but I know he's just being his silly self! Jesse would never date her, and we both know that! But she acts like he is the world and that he is king of his and everyone else's world!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2008, 08:26 AM
    Tell her she needs to accept him for the way he is and not read anything into it.

Jun 29, 2008, 08:37 AM
    I've done that. SHe invited Him to Hershey with us. He went. That's how bad it is. She puts him before ALL her best friends! She needs to tell him everything and she'll let him tell her what to do. She acts really vulnerable! I always tease her about wanting a sister-in-law but she ignores me!
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2008, 08:56 AM
    Why is she interested in someone that much younger? Why don't she like the boys in her grade?

Jun 29, 2008, 03:21 PM
    She does, but not like she likes him!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How can you tell if your friend loves you? [ 4 Answers ]

How can you tell if your friend loves you?

Best friend vs. Her older brother [ 6 Answers ]

Recently, my best friend and I went to a show at a bar. We both got drunk and I ended up making out with her older brother right in front of her. She was not very happy with me for doing that and she yelled at me in front of everyone at the bar multiple times. I know it's not an excuse but I was...

My ex-bf and I went to go meet his little brother because his friend bailed. [ 2 Answers ]

He called the night before he was leaving and asked if I would go with him so I could drive some of the way even though I didn't drive at all . We have been broken up for about three weeks now and I still have strong feelings for him. We went and he paid for everything we stayed the night and we...

She say she loves me but only as a best friend [ 6 Answers ]

I have been going out with a girl called Sammie she is 17 I am 18 for 15 months the other night she told me she need to talk to me so I went down she said her feeling have changed she said she sees me more of a best friend rather then a boyfriend now but she still loves me I have asked to give it...

Hey found an article about first loves and loves in my local paper, might interest you! [ 2 Answers ]

Love Story (from Bournemouth Echo) Might interest you, :P Nothing amazing but its sweet, a book is listed there some may be interetsed in.

View more questions Search