Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fionaandbuffy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2008, 02:32 AM
    Barking dachshunds
    My three doxies bark non stop at my neighbor who lives behind me. They hate him and want to kill him I think. He is a total moron who started the problem by throwing things at them and yelling at them. Now whenever they here him in his yard they go beserk. He has confronted me about this and told me to get rid of them or he would fix them for good. I have separated the yard so my boys can't access that side anymore but they still bark through the fence I made when they hear him in the yard. Short of moving which I am considering I am at my wits end. I love my boys to death and would do anything for them. :( :( :(
    SmartNsexa Posts: 50, Reputation: 4

Jun 29, 2008, 04:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fionaandbuffy
    My three doxies bark non stop at my neighbor who lives behind me. They hate him and want to kill him I think. He is a total moron who started the problem by throwing things at them and yelling at them. Now whenever they here him in his yard they go beserk. He has confronted me about this and told me to get rid of them or he would fix them for good. I have separated the yard so my boys can't access that side anymore but they still bark thru the fence I made when they hear him in the yard. Short of moving which I am considering I am at my wits end. I love my boys to death and would do anything for them. :( :( :(
    Barker breaker works on dogs, but I do not believe it works on rude neighbors. Sorry man.
    angel-4460 Posts: 30, Reputation: -2

Jul 1, 2008, 09:20 AM
    ? Well you could keep them inside..
    amermonstarsgir Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2008, 06:15 PM
    One of my doxies bark like that too, I have had a lot of people tell me to get one of those anti bark collars or a shock collar for small toy dogs. I bought one from petsmart for about a hundred bucks. It has a sound before you shock them so they learn the sound and learn that a shock will follow if they don't behave. It sounds cruel but I held it to myself and it is a small sting like a pinch that's all.This might be better than having to get rid of them or moving. I couldn't do without my two dachshunds. If your like me their your babies.
    joanne 1986 Posts: 165, Reputation: 7

Aug 20, 2008, 03:14 AM
    Try bringing the dogs inside when the man is in his yard or take them out for a walk to release there energy! By the time they get back they should be a lot calmer and might ignore the guy.

I don't think you should be driven out of your home because of some neighbour! Don't give up

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dachshunds and vitamins [ 3 Answers ]

I have an 8 year old dachshund that has been diagnosed with back problems. I have heard that vitamin C is great, but I'm not sure how much to give her? Can anyone help?

Our mini dachshunds ribs. [ 2 Answers ]

We got our mini Dachshund, Zeus, when he was 6 weeks old. When we got him we noticed his ribs poked up and out at the ends. When I took him in for his first puppy shots I talked to the vet about it. He said he should grow out of it by the time he is 3 months old. He is 5 months old, and they...

Three Dachshunds and a lot of barking! [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have always found help at this site (especially from Labman), and I'd like to ask another question that has become a major issue in our household. In two years our family has grown from my husband and I into us plus three dachshunds. We are a happy family of five with a very noisy...

Three dachshunds learning to get along [ 2 Answers ]

I have a question regarding my dachshund situation at home. I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions on getting three dachshunds to live in harmony. Two days ago we brought in a precious girl rescue dachshund to join our two boy dachshunds. The girl is about nine years old and is a...

View more questions Search