Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mashfaque Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2008, 01:48 AM
    Expansion tank
    Dear Sir,

In our project there is specified a closed expansion tank for the chilled water system, but our contractor wanted to change to the bladder type expansion tank. Please advise, if it is suitable to serve the purpose. Also he says that the specified tank is a plain steel tank, which are old type of expansion tank with a capacity of 20,000 Gallons.

The reason for this change is space saving, tank volume, energy saving and low maintenance according to him.

Awaiting your kind reply
    Mohammed Ashfaque
    Mechanical Engineer
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jun 29, 2008, 02:24 AM
    With a tank of that enormous size, I suggest you first tell here what the size and the specifics are of the project itself.
    Just for your information have a look at an article on the pro's and con's of different expansion tanks : Expansion Tanks 101: the facts and myths

I'll check back here later !

:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Use of expansion tank [ 1 Answers ]

Why do I use expansion tank in a chilled water system?

Expansion tank [ 1 Answers ]

Hii,please help me,I want to know the physical meaning of " the expansion tank of the chilled water system" and how it works , the theory or principle of its work, its components and any site that can help me, and thanks a lot.

How long will expansion tank last [ 2 Answers ]

I had a new water heater with extra anode rod installed for 10 year warranty. But because my water pressure measures 95 psi, I also need to get a pressure reducing valve (PRV) and Expansion Tank to meet code and preserve my insurance coverage. My concern is that expansion tanks typically only...

Expansion tank [ 1 Answers ]

If I install a water pressure reducing valve on my main line for my hot water heater,do I need to install an expansion tank for my hot water heater?

View more questions Search