Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sam0000 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2008, 09:50 PM
    What shall I assume
    Hi! I met this person online on a dating site and talking and chatting with this person for a long 6 months time, decided to meet. Everything went fine and we got very close physically. But on my last day with him, he was more into his office work and talking to his friend.
    As soon as I came back, It has been only a month, I received a mail from him stating that he is missing me and all. But after that things changed. He started going back to dating site and being online for long time. He was mostly irritated with me and started avoiding my calls. When I asked him, he told me he liked me but we need to see. Now he doesnot take my calls but keeps calling me and wants to know what I am doing and where I am. But that's hurting me now because I am not able to reach him. I tried talking to him day before yesterday but he said no point in getting emotionally involved. It hurts in end. He called me up today. Whem I returned his call, he was so upset about not calling him back immediately. He has stopped replying to my messages on IM also.
    I don't know what to expect from his behaviour. What shall I understand.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2008, 12:07 AM
    He has issues. You don't need to play this game with him. Block his calls, texts and emails.

It doesn't sound like a stable guy looking for a relationship. Simplify you life and date men who are mostly dependable.
    westnlas Posts: 322, Reputation: 25

Jun 29, 2008, 12:11 AM
    They tell us that when we "assume", we make an "" out of "u" and "me". How do you read anything into the actions of a flake? This guy sounds like someone to stay away from, at least to me.

Jun 29, 2008, 08:35 AM
    Thanks for your suggestions. I think I should do the same. Be upfront and tell him that we should take a break
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 29, 2008, 11:43 AM
    Several types of men on dating sites,

Beyond the married and those just cheating, you have men who just merely use it to score with different women and then move on to the next this is a very common thing ( and some women who do the same) then he may have decided after being with you in person, that he just did not have anything that clicked but was being nice about trying to break up or have a hard time breaking up.

Jun 29, 2008, 12:25 PM
    But this person calls me and talks to me all the time but when he wants to. He doesnot stop calling me and when I don't pick his calls, he is damn mad.
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2008, 12:26 PM
    This relationship was good and then it ended.

He moved on.

Be glad for the 6 months and move on.

I would expect nothing more from him. Sounds like he is not ready for a commmitment.

Jun 29, 2008, 12:46 PM
    But would you be in touch with the person?
    sokay Posts: 142, Reputation: 14

Jun 29, 2008, 12:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sam0000
    I wouldn't.

Have you two met in person?

Either way, like some of the others this guy sounds like an undependable flake to me. It's not a real relationship from what it sounds like, but more of an e-relationship.

I think you should just stop talking to him. If that makes him mad, too bad. No need to tell him you're going to stop talking to him. Just do it.

Does he know where you live?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 29, 2008, 01:49 PM
    I don't know what to expect from his behaviour. What shall I understand.
    Understand that you have seen his true self and he may want fun and games but friendship and anything deeper is out of the question. If you can't be an easy hookup forget him.
    But this person calls me and talks to me all the time but when he wants to. He doesnot stop calling me and when I don't pick his calls, he is damn mad.
    That's why he keeps calling, to see if you have changed your mind, and are ready to do things his way.
    If I were you, I would be so happy that he has let me see that he is about nothing, I would reward his efforts with NO Contact whatsoever and block his calls and texts and delete his email, and disappear from his world. Let him wonder, what's up.

Just because a guy calls, doesn't mean he is interested in you as a person, he has his own agenda.

Jun 29, 2008, 02:03 PM
    No he doesnot know where I live. He knows the state only. And he is not willing to come there. He said not worth it

Jun 29, 2008, 02:06 PM
    Yes we have met in person. It was good. He did all the things I liked but last day everything changed. He was more into his office work and his friend
    Expert

Jun 29, 2008, 03:50 PM
    No he doesnot know where I live. He knows the state only. And he is not willing to come there. He said not worth it
    That's all the answer you need.

Jun 29, 2008, 04:13 PM
    I know I have to accept it but my heart is not ready to.

Thanks for the guidance and wish me luck. I have to be very strong
    sokay Posts: 142, Reputation: 14

Jun 29, 2008, 08:38 PM
    I know I have to accept it but my heart is not ready to.

Thanks for the guidance and wish me luck. I have to be very strong
    Good luck, I think you're going to be just fine. I think you'll have better luck meeting guys in real life events. Even without a man though, you are better off to let that one go. No need to be wrapped up with what's going on with him. It's not going anywhere, and you're better off spending your time and energy with friends, family, hobbies, whatever.

Jul 1, 2008, 04:20 PM
    Thanks a ton.

Jul 8, 2008, 08:19 PM
    I talked to this guy and asked him directly what's happening. He said he is there for me as friend. He said we never talked about relationship. I told him I need to sort out my feelings before I treat him as friend and lets not talk for a week now. He told me not to stop talking to him. He said I cannot do it to us.

But I know in my heart now its over and I need to keep myself busy. But it hurt me when he said as a friend.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2008, 06:15 AM
    If he says it's not worth it, then just show him he isn't worth the time it takes to dial his number
    Expert

Jul 9, 2008, 07:25 AM
    I highly recommend NO CONTACT, to give yourself the best chance to heal, as it will do no good to brag this out. Disappear from his life!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why do people assume that Wicca is satanic and that I'm going to hell! [ 75 Answers ]

I'd love to know why people think if your wiccan your going to hell, or that you're a sananist. From my experience (I was brought up christian) christian's look down upon the wiccan and or pagan religion's. Because it's not following ''god's'' will. Thus, were (wiccan's and or pagan's going to...

Is it safe to assume? [ 3 Answers ]

Just so I am 100% clear.. Is it safe to assume on my compressor the black and white wire are intended to be hot, and the green ground?

View more questions Search