Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    firef1981 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2008, 09:30 PM
    Sibling Arguments
    Anybody have any major arguments with siblings? What sort of methods can one use to get over these arguments?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jun 28, 2008, 09:44 PM
    I argue with my sister all the time. I think the best way to resolve it is to change the subject. Or simply admit they are right, or if that's too much. Just say, "I see your point", then change the subject.
    tami1985 Posts: 17, Reputation: 5

Jun 28, 2008, 11:52 PM
    If your sibling is anything like mine. Walk away, don't say anything or do anything, walk away. In a couple of minutes or hours everyone would be calmer and your argument often wasn't anything serious
    westnlas Posts: 322, Reputation: 25

Jun 29, 2008, 01:02 AM
    I severed all ties with my brother over 15 years ago.Spoke only to him at my mother's funeral. Probably need to speak to him again when my father passes. There is nothing about him that enriches the life of myself or my family, so he is no longer a part of it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 29, 2008, 03:27 PM
    When you get a good answer, let me know!!
    sokay Posts: 142, Reputation: 14

Jun 29, 2008, 09:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by firef1981
    Anybody have any major arguments with siblings? What sort of methods can one use to get over these arguments?
    My bro once told me that he and we have more in common with each other than (with) anyone else. I can see that no one else can possibly understand 'where we're each coming from', both literally and figuratively, as well as us. We certainly had a unique upbringing. (Though each upbringing is unique).

Many times I've observed in my life, as well as others', that siblings are often the very best friends we have in our lives, and oftentimes, we don't even realize it.

Also, remember they are your closest relative;)
    Sonador101 Posts: 298, Reputation: 14

Jun 29, 2008, 10:01 PM
    First of all, figure out what the argument was really about. You may have fought over spilled milk but most lilkly it was over something BIGGER. Then you go to your sibling, and say "i really am sorry for the things i said and what i did" (its always good to apolagize even if your sibling started it, apolagize cause then they'll be more willing to here your side.)
    Then explain how you saw the promblem, tell your sibling what you saw was going on, and thigs from your point of view. He'll/she'll probably do the same. The trick is to calmly talk, there is however a high probablity that the sibling will be defensive at first.
    But here is the key say"i want to move on, i want to put this behind" then kiss make up, and it will seem silly tomarrow. But the longer you wait to resolve this the harder it will be to forgive and forget. And resentment will grow.
    Hope this helps
    Distantlove Posts: 122, Reputation: 13

Jun 30, 2008, 05:36 AM
    Just apologise. Say that you understand and move on to another subject. Don't go ignoring each other because it'll only prolong the anger, just get rid of that anger. Don't hold a grudge, it'll make you unhappy as well. Get rid of the annoying thoughts and just say sorry, change the subject, and I promise you'll both forget about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Analyzing Arguments [ 2 Answers ]

When you are building an argument for an issue that is significant to you, do you think it is more important to be valid or sound?

C2660, does not take 0 arguments [ 1 Answers ]

I have read about this error message and understand that there is something that I should put between the () of the calcAvg(), but I can't figure out what! I thought it would be 'number', but that doesn't work... PLEASE HELP! I bold-ed the calcAvg function //Ch9Ex3and4.cpp - accepts an...

I can't handle arguments! [ 5 Answers ]

If my boyfriend and I have a heated discussion, and I hear his booming voice starting to grow, the first thing I do is look for the exit and RUN. I go to great lengths to avoid arguing, and sometimes walk on eggshells or just agree with him. I have even lied about petty things to prevent...

Arguments [ 3 Answers ]

I have been in a relationship with my boyfreind for 3 and a half months, and lately I have been starting loads of unnesasary arguments. He puts up with it, but I'm worried that he will get bored of me keep starting them. I really love him and he loves me and I don't want this relationship to end. I...

View more questions Search