Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    IGerwel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2008, 03:06 PM
    The connection was refused when attempting to contact the site. How can solve this?
    Hello guys!
    Every time I try to connect to specific websites which I used to connect before,such as Facebook, the connection is refused... I have got Norton security on my computer and I checked for virus and cleaned everything up. I tried some connectivity setting as well.
    Please, help me on this matter.
    Thank you for the attention.
    twilcox Posts: 86, Reputation: 8

Jun 28, 2008, 03:11 PM
    First, disable your firewall and try again. If that works, then it's a problem with your firewall settings. If it doesn't work, and you're still getting errors, it means that the server doesn't like your particular connection and is kicking it out. This is usually the result of having your IP address banned from the site. If you have Cable or DSL, your IP address tends to change about every month or so (give or take, some are longer, some shorter), while dial-up changes your IP every time you log in. It's possible that you got an IP recently that the server recently blocked.

Also, you can help to confirm this by trying to connect from a different location. For instance, if you have a laptop, take it to a public WiFi spot and see if the problem persists.
    yourcomputerguy Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2008, 09:24 PM
    I'll assume you are using internet explorer... in internet explorer, click HELP then ABOUT.

Note the cipher strength and let us know.

I'm betting you can't connect to secure websites (https://) (note the S in there) because your encryption is broken.
    thisnthatshoppe Posts: 17, Reputation: 4

Jul 12, 2008, 10:04 PM
    Go into settings>control panel>internet options>connections. Go into settings for your ISP and see if use proxy server and bypass proxy server are checked. If so, uncheck them. It can make getting access to certain sites a real headache.
    DaBaAd Posts: 271, Reputation: 36

Jul 13, 2008, 08:36 AM
    One other tip... check your authentication. If you don't supply the correct id/password the servlet server will also issue the "connection is refused" error message.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows 2003 server active directory inter site connection [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! I have a question on windows 2003 server Active directory Sites.. We have a primary domain controller in our head office and an additional domain controller in our branch office in the same domain. It is a WAN connection using leased line with routers at both end. I made 2 sites in the...

Payment refused [ 3 Answers ]

I recently switched daycare providers because I was becoming unhappy with the situation. Shortly after I started using her, I ran into financial problems and could not pay, but she let me continue to bring my children. Now I have stopped using her which hacked her off! I told her I would pay her...

Angelfire site: how to contact the person? [ 10 Answers ]

Um... hi I don't know if I'm in the right spot but I need help: I've been on to this site http://www.angelfire.com/d20/directstrategies/ And I need to contact them to ask them a question so if any of you could help me out that would be a great help. Thank You

Help! My daschund refused to shower and refused to be carried. [ 3 Answers ]

Help! Help!I am having 2 major problems with my male long hair red daschund:- 1. He refuses to shower - every time he hears and sees me preparing his shower stuff, he will run and hide. I try coaxing him wz treats but that didn't help. He will growl and snap at whoever goes near him. 2, My...

My dog refused to eat anything but chicken. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, My samoyed of 7 years, had glaucoma 3 weeks ago and had his left eye removed, a few days before the op to keep his strength up we gave him a whole chicken a day, and also a few days after the op, he now refuses his own meat although we have tried to ween him off the chicken, by mixing...

View more questions Search