Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cuppagogo Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2008, 09:00 PM
    From my previous forum, I mentioned about the stealing from a local liquor store when I was working there. The police office keep calling me and want to meet me in person, unfortunately I have consult all the expects on this forum, I have no obligation to talk to her. So, I changed my cell number.

Now, the officer went to my place that I previously rent to look for me, and told my previous landlord about my stealing, and I am trying to escape. She also call all the person that I put on the references while I applied for the job to look for me. She sent me email is because I have email address on my resume.

Oh god! I really have no idea what to do with it. This is a weekend, I think I will take Monday off to find a lawyer to defense me.

I just wonder, is it possible that police office cannot verify my information, and wanting to gather my info to arrest me?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2008, 09:03 PM
    Oh okay, I do remember reading your previous post. By avoiding the police you are making yourself look guilty. You need to call and tell them you are looking for a lawyer and you are not going to talk to them without representation.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 9, 2008, 09:04 PM
    Well as most know I used to be a police officer, if I knew your name, and your old cell phone number, I could get your address form the old cell phone company, I can check the computer and get your name and address and drivers license number in a matter of a few minues.
    If you own a car I would have that license plate number and its matching address in a few minutes also.
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2008, 09:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    I just looked the number up
    Calgary Police Service - About the CPS

District 8 Office
    (403) 567-6800
    450 Midpark Way S.E.,
    T2X 3S4
    calgary police station
    Your previous post on the problem resulting in this so others can catch up

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/crimin...me-231737.html
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2008, 06:25 AM
    Hello:

I disagree with my friends. Don't talk to her. Period. Ever.

excon

PS> Did I say NOT to talk to her?? If you misunderstood what I said, let me repeat myself - DON'T TALK TO THE COPS!

This cop is lying through her teeth - but that's what cops do... She says she wants to give you an opportunity to defend yourself... Bwa, ha ha ha. Cops don't look for reasons NOT to bust somebody. They look for reasons TO bust 'em. Cops are NOT judges. Cops are cops. Cops BUST people. They DON'T let them go after they've made their statements. They ARREST them.

IF she wants to arrest you, she doesn't need your help. She says she doesn't know where to find you, but she's lying again, through her teeth. You think that the cops can find you by email, but they CAN'T find your body?? Nahhh, cops are better than that.

Don't talk to the cops. If you do, you should just report straight to jail, and bypass the cops...
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2008, 07:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    N0help4u agrees: yeah true but shouldn't he at least get a lawyer to acknowledge this for him or something?
    Hello N0:

WHEN and IF he's arrested, sure... But, until then, nahhhhh. I think the cops are on a fishing expedition.. If they had something, they would have busted him, not invite him to a meeting.

excon
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2008, 07:13 AM
    Yeah from his previous post they don't have much to go on and it is more his bosses word against his word so I guess you are right it is a fishing expedition where they want to trip him up and then use his words against him.

Aug 11, 2008, 11:03 PM
    HELP! HELP! HELP!
    Good news? Or bad news?

I talked to the officer, she told me that she is really angry at the first place for avoiding her, because she is giving me a chance to apology. She said if I can provide my current contact information, and willing to meet her in person, and writing an apology letter to my previous employer, then she will give me a warning and let me go at this time?

Not sure, if this is a good news or bad news? I just afraid she is going use the letter to against me. But she said police always keep what they are saying, since this is a minor case, she just want to get a hold on me and not wanting me to go the entire process of charged.

Police usually keep what they are promising, right?
    Throwback24 Posts: 44, Reputation: -1

Aug 11, 2008, 11:22 PM
    Are you blatantly being ignorant? Don't talk to her without a lawyer. I could feel for you before but now? This has gone on for 3 pages and you refuse to listen.

YOU. TALK. TO. LAWYER.

/Thread.

Aug 12, 2008, 12:14 AM
    I am sorry, I was expecting a charged while I was talking to her tonight, so that, I can make arrangement with my lawyer to get over it, to court or whatever.

But the officer said if I do whatever she tell me to do, then she is going to give me a warning instead of go throw all the warrant and finger print things. This is my first offended, and I have no criminal previously, and also a minor case, she will make this as a warning to be sure I am not do it again, and hope I learn the lesson.

I really have no way to go. I talked to the lawyer, they said not to say anything to the officer until I get arrested. And call them. The lawyer also recommended me to call her to see what she have to say, and provide no information.

But now, the officer promised not going to charged me. If I apology. I think it is good for me, if she keep what she said. Hmm... :(

Hopefully this is a good news.. I will advised the lawyer again tomorrow. :p
    Tralyn Posts: 230, Reputation: 17

Aug 12, 2008, 01:23 AM
    Would an officer really go through all of that work just to try and get an apology out of someone.. seems a little fishy.
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2008, 02:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cuppagogo
    HELP!! HELP!! HELP!!
    Good news? or bad news?

I talked to the officer, she told me that she is really angry at the first place for avoiding her, because she is giving me a chance to apology. She said if i can provide my current contact information, and willing to meet her in person, and writing an apology letter to my previous employer, then she will give me a warning and let me go at this time?

Not sure, if this is a good news or bad news? i just afraid she is going use the letter to against me. But she said police always keep what they are saying, since this is a minor case, she just want to get a hold on me and not wanting me to go the entire process of charged.

Police usually keep what they are promising, right?
    Definitely talk to your lawyer before you talk to her again. It does sound like something they could turn around to use against you. By your writing the letter of apology gives them evidence that you must have done it or you would not have written the letter. Maybe if your lawyer says to write the letter he can advise you on a way to write a letter that doesn't incriminate you. IF he says to do the letter I would make sure I made a copy to keep and mentioned in it the police have advised me that they are willing to drop this
    AND have your lawyer present the entire time through everything. IF he even thinks it is a good idea.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 12, 2008, 05:47 AM
    Your attorney is giving you advice and you refuse to take it? How smart is that?

Police lie all the time to get confessions. There is nothing wrong with that.

If you want to try and get this dropped, then have her sign a statement that if you give her the letter she asks for that all charges will be dropped.

Aug 12, 2008, 05:54 AM
    Ouch... :( I will call the lawyer again.. to discuss this issue. I though it's over, but it doesn't seem to be easy. Well... Thanks for advises :(
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2008, 05:56 AM
    If you rely on your lawyer and follow what has been suggested to you here it should be easier than what you are making it on yourself.

Aug 12, 2008, 05:14 PM
    That's true... But, no lawyer would accept my case, because there is no warrant out to arrest me yet. What they do is give me recommendation. I have contact the lawyer that I was talking with before, and ask him if he would accept my case, and obviously I will pay. I just want to get over it. I don't want police officer call me in the midnight while I am sleeping, or come to my place to arrest me or my work place.

Hmm... :( I hope everything will turn well soon.
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2008, 05:52 PM
    I would get your friend then because you need somebody with you when you talk with the police. Remember [WITH your lawyer friend there] tell them to give you a signed paper saying no charges if you send an apology and try wording it in a way that doesn't directly incriminate you like start with something like ''I am sorry about all the confusion and I want to apologize for... "

Aug 12, 2008, 06:47 PM
    Thank you Nohelop4U. The lawyer will contact me tomorrow to discuss my issue. Good luck for me :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Marie, I hear you calling, Marie the night is falling,Marie will you keep calling me [ 2 Answers ]

"Marie, I hear you calling, Marie the night is falling, Marie will you keep calling me" Every time the word"calling" is sung, it's held and rises. Any hints re anything? Title, artist, lyrics? Probably early 1950s.

Theft diversion and a police clearance? [ 4 Answers ]

Last October I was caught for stealing at Walmart and I went through the whole fingerprinting and court ordeal. I was accepted for diversion and I paid my fine. Now I am applying for a job that needs a police clearance. Will my diversion show up on this or the fact that I was caught stealing even...

Should we go to the police? [ 25 Answers ]

Me and my friend have this friend and her boyfriend has been hitting her and he threatens her all the time and he even held a gun to her head at one point fallows her everywhere and has these freaky mind game type things and the other day he poked her in the eye and made her blind in one eye I mean...

Police brutality? [ 3 Answers ]

So, in my town, a friend was shot to death because, according to the paper, he had a psychiatric episode and threatened the cops with a 2-1/2-inch knife. They shot him in the chest sevel times. He dies 10 minutes later, begging for help. They shot him after two minutes of arguing. What do you think?

Calling police on spouse [ 3 Answers ]

Should I call the police on my spouse and file a report if he takes all the phones out of the house with out my consent??

View more questions Search