Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    russharv63 Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2008, 12:25 PM
    Paint removal from concrete
    What size "pressure washer" will I need to remove paint from concrete or will it be best to use a "sandblaster?"
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 28, 2008, 04:13 PM
    Pressure washer won't always do it for paint on concrete unless you coat the paint with a paste paint remover. Sand blasting can be rough on brick and mortar but is Ok for cement. You could look into a softer material called corn fines made from husks.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 28, 2008, 05:04 PM
    Concrete is porus, so paint and oils will soak into it. It is very hard to get it off using any method. Etching it with acid along with 4000 to 5000 PSI pressure washing ( use a flat surface cleaner attached to the pressure washer so you have a zero degree nozzle hitting the surface at close range)

The type of paint, and how long it has been on the surface makes a difference also

At times it may take washing, and acid, and washing and acid in several applications.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Paint removal [ 3 Answers ]

I have removed the wallpaper from a wall where some of the underlying paint has remained. Some of it is flakey and comes off quite easily, but a lot of it needs scraping off and is taking ages. It's not an old plaster job, so there's no lead etc. How can I get the remaining paint off without...

Paint removal [ 1 Answers ]

How do I remove oil base exterior paint from brick?

Paint removal [ 1 Answers ]

What will remove paint from brick?

Paint removal [ 3 Answers ]

How do I remove paint from my brown brick house that was left when my brother painted the trim white?

View more questions Search