Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vanessagri Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2008, 12:12 PM
    Credit report
    How long after I dipute an item is it taken off my report while going through investigation
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2008, 03:14 PM
    It will not be removed until it is determined to be an error.

While they investigate, it will remain on your credit bureau, and it may be flagged as
    "disputed by consumer" until they decide the issue.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 28, 2008, 05:20 PM
    If it is not true, it will be taken off after they do not get a response from the company claiming the debt. If the company that is claiming the debt replies and tells them yes this is a valid debt it is not taken off.
    They don't do a deep investigation, they merely ask the company if the debt is valid

Many people try to dispute all of the listings even valid ones
    TheCleaner Posts: 152, Reputation: 3

Jun 29, 2008, 08:06 AM
    Agree with Chuck, if the creditor don't respond to the credit reporting agency after 30 days the item is automatically deleted regardless of it's validity.

Carl.-

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit report [ 4 Answers ]

Does anybody now where to get a free credit report and score when you have no credit card to give them Thank you Demon

Credit card not on credit report [ 5 Answers ]

I have several credit cards that have been charged off and gone to collections. All of them are on my credit report but one from Citibank. Is that good or should I be concerned about that?

How do I get a credit report from all three bureaus with no credit card [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get all three creidt reports with out submitting a credit card.

Bad Credit on My Report From MIDLAND FUNDING Credit Issued in 1999? [ 3 Answers ]

The only thing I can think off I did not pay off was a credit card I had applied for in the year 1999 when I was in college. It was a $500 limit card, being that it was a first credit card I did miss some payments & every time I did I would get hit with a $30 late payment + $30 over limit fee plus...

View more questions Search