Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slatj0le Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2008, 11:49 AM
    Doberman pup with ear bumps
    I have an eight month old male pump. His ears are cropped. He has two bumps on one ear that look like warts. My vet said this common for dogs with cropped ears. He recommended that I apply a lotion to these spots. I have done this without any improvement. One bump is large and gets bloody on the top at times. Is there any treatment to help eliminate the bumps or a way to have them removed?
    carolbcac Posts: 342, Reputation: 72

Jun 29, 2008, 02:35 PM
    Are the bumps along the cut edge of the ears? If so, it could be a reaction to the sutures used. If his ears were recently done, he could also be having a reaction to the tape used to brace the ears.
    Neither of these should really look like warts, however. If you are not getting any response from the topical treatment, it might be time for a second opinion.

(I also want to go on record as anti-ear cropping. My Dobie was cropped before I got him, but I would not choose to do it, even though I like the look of cropped ears. Lots of potential for complications, and it robs the dog of one of his natural communication devices.)
    angel-4460 Posts: 30, Reputation: -2

Jun 30, 2008, 07:54 PM
    Could it have ear mites? Go to the vet to find out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Doberman not eating. [ 8 Answers ]

This is my second Doberman puppy, with symptoms like the first one in which I had to put her to sleep, she has runny stools and stopped eating. She is 14 weeks old the vet has given me the same medicine as the first puppy all test are negative just like my first puppy. I also have a Boston terrier...

What should I feed my Doberman [ 3 Answers ]

I just adopted a 1 year old female Doberman. She is the most wonderful dog. I am concerned because she is not eating well and losing weight. I would like to know what is the proper nutrition and maybe get some receipes for her. Thanks Kimber

Doberman x pup (Kaci) [ 3 Answers ]

Hiya! Just wondered if anyone could help... have a few questions about my pup She is 6 months old n is a doberman x not sure what she is crossed with but her mum was a border collie x dalmatian, Kaci has all the looks of a dobe but she has a white chest with black spots on it! I just...

My Doberman won't eat [ 8 Answers ]

She will only eat when I am there or I hand feed it to her she eats tined dog food also some dry food and meaty chunks e.g. moist dry food, we have been giving her chicken breasts, beef , minced meat all cooked, also tuna and rice. She seems to like the food for a few days then goes off it, we...

Doberman puppy HELP! [ 4 Answers ]

I have a dobe puppy aged 12weeks, he is a nightmare, I have not stopped worrying over this pup since I have had him, He dosen't eat and he has had blood on and off in his poo since I have had him, The breeder and the vet say that it is all diet related, he has loads of tests all negative I have...

View more questions Search