Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sade7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2008, 05:32 AM
    Early Business Lease termination
    I need to know If my landlord or his real estate agent cheated me when I signed a 2 years Business Lease agreement on a property ,in the form there was no mention of "Early Lease Termination"
    I signed the contarct for 2 years and after 3-4 months my business did not grow due to poor Location I asked the Landlord If I can pay some months like 3-4 months penalty to cancel the Lease ,he told me you signed for 2 years as there was no mention of Early Lease termination,
    My question is :If There was no Mention on Early Lease termination for the above reason I gave does it meant that I have to go through 2 years or in some cases 3 years loss?
    Which in my case I had to go through 2 years bad experience and paying the rent with my pocket simply for the reason that there was no Mention of Early Lease Termination.
    The 2 years passed and I naturally Lost But I saw the Lanlord is signing a contract for his other shop in that contract there is mentioned :in case of early lease termination the tenant will notify the landlord within 90days and a penalty of 6 months Rent.
    In my case there was no mention I had to go through 2 years of hell.
    Now which everything is over I want to find out if I was cheated by the landlord and his agent.this early lease termination maybe is standard some months penalty even if they don't put it in the contarct.
    I was ready to pay 3-4 months penalty and walk out but he was telling me I signed 2 years contract .
    It does not seem fair to me whoever puts this cruel law since it destroys people's life
    In my case it did mine.

Regards,
    sade7
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2008, 06:44 AM
    Hello s:

The time to come to us was BEFORE you paid him. There was probably something that could have been done to save you a few dollars...

But, now that it's a done deal, you're not going to get a nickel back.

WAS it legal for him to require you to pay the balance of the lease?? Yes, it probably was. Could you have done something about then? Probaby.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Early Business Lease Termination [ 2 Answers ]

We have a 3 year lease and are 1 year into the lease can the landlord foreclose on our home because of our business lease?

Termination of Lease early [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently renting a home in TN. I have been renting for 3 months. My GF and her children moved back to GA. The house is too big for me, so I am wanting to move into something smaller. I am wanting to end my lease early. Question is: The lease is a 1 year lease. But in the lease...

Early lease termination [ 6 Answers ]

The lease for my townhouse was for 1 year. The tenant has decided she wants to move out and break her lease agreement (with 6months to go). She gave me the 30 days noticed ( on March 5 along with the rent check for March that bounced). I am suppose to meet with her tomorrow to do an ‘exit walk’...

Early Termination On Lease [ 5 Answers ]

About two weeks ago, my landlord said he would allow me to vacate my apartment early due to my several "displeasures with my experience" and has an interested party who wanted to see the apartment . My displeasures would include 13 days without heat, being incorrectly over charged for utilities,...

Early Lease termination [ 1 Answers ]

We misread our lease, we thought we only had to give a 30 day notice. We actually gave a 45 day notice. ( we purchased a home) However, our property management company said we are liable for the rent until they find a new tenant. Which we completely understand. My issue is that in the last 20...

View more questions Search