Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NikkiTH Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2008, 06:22 PM
    leveling for 16' x 48" pool
    I need to level the ground for our new pool. It is an Intex 16' x 48" above ground with metal frame. Our instructions say only put on firm ground and don't use sand. However I am having a heck of a time getting the ground level. We have clay soil. Are there any tricks to doing this, or inexpensive tools to help me. I'm so frustrated if it weren't for the kids I would have given up. :(
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Jun 28, 2008, 08:37 AM
    Get a couple of 2x4's and lay them end to end on the ground. Set a level on them and see which end is higher. Get someone to wedge stones under one end while you look at the reading, then do the same thing going in the opposite direction. Once you figure out which way your ground is sloping you can either bring in some more dirt from another spot on your property or just shave off the high spot and throw it toward the low end. Water everything down well with a hose and step on it once the water soaks in, adding a little more dirt if you need it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leveling a spot for pool [ 2 Answers ]

What is the easiest way to get a spot in the yard level for an above the ground pool? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Leveling ground for an above ground pool [ 2 Answers ]

I spoke to a pool company and they said that when installing an above ground pool you should "dish" the ground in the middle. This meaning that you make the ground in the middle of the pool 3 to 12 inches deeper than the rest of the ground. Everyone else that I have spoken to has said to level the...

Leveling gound for a pool [ 1 Answers ]

Is there anything or suggestion or:( tools for making the ground level for a pool

Leveling the area of my pool [ 2 Answers ]

How do I check the area of my 18 ft round pool to see how level it is?

View more questions Search