Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KarenRB53 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2008, 02:35 PM
    Too much red, will ash turn it green?
    I just had my hair colored at salon. She used 1/2 med blonde and 1/2 dark blonde and the result is dark strawberry blonde or light auburn. Anyway... way too much red and not as light as I thought it would be. Can't get hold of my hairdresser so I called Clairol. They told me to use Lt Ash Brown. Use 1/2 colour, 1/2 developer and 30ml shampoo and leave on maximum of 20 minutes checking every 5 minutes. Does this sound like a good idea? I'm afraid my hair will turn a greenish colour. Any opinions appreciated.

Karen
    roseylaine Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2008, 09:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KarenRB53
    I just had my hair colored at salon. She used 1/2 med blonde and 1/2 dark blonde and the result is dark strawberry blonde or light auburn. Anyway...way too much red and not as light as I thought it would be. Can't get hold of my hairdresser so I called Clairol. They told me to use Lt Ash Brown. Use 1/2 colour, 1/2 developer and 30ml shampoo and leave on maximum of 20 mins checking every 5 minutes. Does this sound like a good idea? I'm afraid my hair will turn a greenish colour. Any opinions appreciated.

Karen
    Hi! First off, don't worry about the hair turning green thing. If you don't have any or enough red in your hair, is what will make it turn green when you use any ash shades. To get red of green, put henna on it. So see, girl you got it made, you can use any ash shade you'd like and be safe from any mis hap like that. So go on and take the plunge and check it out for yourself, I wouldn't steer you wrong----- honest happy coloring! roseylaine
    jenn4094u Posts: 128, Reputation: 6

Jul 3, 2008, 07:07 AM
    I am a stylist... yes, green neutralizes red, so you are on the right track. Howeer, I would advise you to buy color from a beauty supply store, and don't use a box color. Some companies make their ash with a purple base, and some with green so you never know what you are going to get. Use a color that is the same level as you hair or maybe one lighter so you don't end up dasrker... and you should use 20 volume developer... good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lennox heat turn off and turn back on to work [ 2 Answers ]

I have a lennox heater I have to turn it off and turn it back on to get it to heat. What is wrong and how do I fix it.

She's going to turn 16 and I'm going to turn 18 three days after is this illegal? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, Like the heading says. She's going to be 16 and I'm going to be 18 is this illegal to date. Are we able to do things like hug or kiss? Please help.

Exterior Water Faucet will not turn. How do I get it to turn again. [ 2 Answers ]

I went to turn the water on in the back and it will not turn. How do I unlosen it? Thanks

For Men, Being really inexperienced. Is that a turn-on or turn-off? [ 9 Answers ]

I met a guy on the internet about four months ago, we've been exchanging messages and decided to meet next month. I've already told him I'm a virgin. Today I wrote that I am really really inexperienced and haven't even french kissed a guy. That I've just rejected everyone who has wanted to go...

Pressure wash guy turn house green [ 1 Answers ]

I have a home with hardiplank siding. Hired a guy to pressure wash the house and he used bleach and changed it green. I was wondering what I the proper way to repaint the house. Does it need to be recaulked and sealed again or can it be just primed and repainted?

View more questions Search