Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thunderlips Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2008, 01:37 PM
    Urine test in standard physical! Marijuana?
    Didn't know where to post this but please I am so worried!! I just got a standard physical and inlcuded was I had to pee in a cup. They didn't tell me it was for drugs specifically. Will marijuana show up on a test like this? And if it does I last smoked about 100 Hours ago but I rarley rarley smoke. What happens if it does show up on a physical? Will this mean I don't get into college!? Please anyone I'm having a heary attack right now:eek:
    TwinkletOes26 Posts: 182, Reputation: 2
    -

Jun 27, 2008, 02:06 PM
    You will be fine unless they are specifically looking for marijuania (like in a drug test at a job interview) then you have nothing to worry about.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 27, 2008, 02:20 PM
    If they are looking for drugs it will show up,
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 28, 2008, 06:12 AM
    Urine tests are usually specifically for illegal drugs, nothing else, unless you have a medical condition and a doctor orders it.

Soooo, if you smoked grass, you will not pass.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2008, 06:17 AM
    Hello t:

In a normal physical, they're not looking for drugs. I think you can go to college.

excon

PS> If THIS college won't let you in because you smoke dope, then I wouldn't want to go there anyway.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 28, 2008, 09:44 PM
    TwinkletOes26 agrees: I agree lol any college that wouldn't let you in because of that isn't a place I want to be
    What if this person is going into medicine? Would you want a junkie in medical school?
    TwinkletOes26 Posts: 182, Reputation: 2
    -

Jun 29, 2008, 12:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    What if this person is going into medicine? Would you want a junkie in medical school?

Last time I checked or smoked (j/k :P) Marijuana is no where near the same the typical often MAN MADE drugs that would make someone a canidate for being called a junkie,BUT because it is illegal some college programs require a drug test. Fortunately for me I was a psych major so no drug test but I had friends who had to take a drug test for thr nursing program and you know what they did? Drank A LOT of water and exercised two weeks before the test and they all did fine.

In my humble opinon Marijuana shouldn't even be listed as a illicit drug. What's the worst thing that will happen if you smoke a whole lot of pot? You go to get the munchies and fall asleep. Now I am not advocating people drive while stoned just like people shouldn't drink and drive,but I don't see the big deal if people stay in their houses and smoke a little pot who are they harming?

Pot has all sorts of medicinal uses that people refuse to explore because they are too afraid that society will crumble which it won't (didi the world crumble when mass made gay marriage legal?) To me it is a shame and a pity that cancer patients and anorexics have to continue to suffer because our government won't even allow pot to be legal for medicinal uses... of course this is the same government that won't allow stem cell research in the USA
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 29, 2008, 01:46 PM
    Here's a site that may help;

How long does marijuana stay in your system
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 9, 2008, 01:27 PM
    All information on your medical condition is confidential, and can not be shared with anyone (including your college) unless you (or your guardian) sign a waiver authorizing release of the information. So even if the drugs were found during the test (which is highly unlikely as screening for drugs is not the purpose of the urine sample in this case), only your physician and test lab would know your "secret."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Marijuana in a hair follicle test [ 16 Answers ]

My son has never done any type of drugs before, he went to the beach this past summer and tried Marijuana. He said he only took 3 puffs and never tried it again. It has been about 75 days and he has to have a hair follicle drug test, would that be enough to show up in it? He is so worried.

Negative blood test and urine test! [ 11 Answers ]

Hey umm I am 3 and a half months late for my period. And I have taken several home pregnancy test and 1 blood test... all negative.during the 1st month I lost weight and now I have gained weight... just like when I was pregnant with my son. Who is almost 10 months. I've never ever been late...

Marijuana Test! [ 66 Answers ]

Ok my mother is forcing me to go for a medicals check up cause I haven't had one in like years and for some reason she thinks I could have diebeties cause she sees me eating too many sweets (rolls eyes) I know its rediculose but now I'm freaking out cause I just realized there going to check my...

Marijuana Test damn! [ 2 Answers ]

Ok my mother is forcing me to go for a medicals check up cause I haven't had one in like years and for some reason she thinks I could have diebeties cause she sees me eating too many sweets (rolls eyes) I know its rediculose but now I'm freaking out cause I just realized there going to check my...

Marijuana, hair follicle test will he pass [ 3 Answers ]

My son has to take a hair follicle in mid January he was in a rehab for 7 months and got out in sept. he relapsed but did not smoke much maybe a blunt and couple joints from what I understand but nothing since beginning of December will it show up:(

View more questions Search