Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    B Mittman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2006, 10:19 AM
    Printing problem: HP PSC 950 All-in-one
    Hi:

This is my first question on your forum. I hope you can help.

I have an HP PSC 950, and it has just begin to produce misaligned printed pages. It seems that the first few pages of a document are OK, and then they gradually become misaligned, with the text skewed clockwise. Any ideas? Thanks.

Ben Mittman
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Mar 21, 2006, 09:35 PM
    I remember these Inkjets being a royal pain... and they're so old now too...

When you say gradually misaligned, do you mean after 10 pages, or after 50 pages?

Many of these machines had a paper feed problem, so you should check that paper is moving evenly through the printer.

The Alignment utility is supposed to correct alignment issues, but it's picky. Try printing an Alignment page and have the printer correct itself, if you haven't already.

Have you replaced the inkjet cartridges with new ones, not remanufactured or re-filled ones?

I also remember having problems with the cartridge contacts losing contact with the tray on these machines - which could be part of the problem as well.

Hope something in there helps you!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 22, 2006, 09:11 AM
    If the first few pages are OK and this is gradual, another possibility is the page size is off. So a little bit is being added to the top of each page pushing the page further down.
    B Mittman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2006, 02:43 PM
    Scott:

Thanks for your suggestion, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. I'm checking out the print cartridge possibility since I had just installed a non-HP cartridge.

Ben
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 23, 2006, 06:06 AM
    That could do it. I don't recommend 3rd party cartridges. From what I've heard, is about a 50-50 chance they will work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Printing Problem with Xerox Xk35c. [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Xerox Xk35c version of color printer connected on the USB port. And it does not print! An error comes up as: "Another application is using the port. Try it again" Basically the printer fails to make initial connection for the task. I have tried to re-install the driver from Xerox...

Printing problem [ 1 Answers ]

I am using win98se, whenever I am trying to print something PC getting Hanged even if when I am trying to open printer folder under control panel PC getting hanged please help.. I hv scanned for viruses its not showing any viruses either but I can open the printer folder in safe mode

Printing problem from outlook express [ 1 Answers ]

I cann't print from outlook Express,It is giving error : Incompertable version in RPC stub.(Error 228).My OS is win98se,&printer is dot matrix. Please help. Thank in advance

Canon BJC 610 color printing problem [ 5 Answers ]

Dear all, I bought a used Canon BJC-610 printer which works fine with b/w printouts but doesn't print in color. I would be very glad for clues how I could make it do. I'll try to describe the problem more precisely: - When I switch on the printer, after a short while the orange ERROR light...

View more questions Search