Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    uptownlu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2008, 07:25 AM
    Finishing 1200 sg ft attic
    We are expecting a new baby in November... currently we have a 2 yr old who sleeps in a connecting bedroom to us ultimately we would like to move him upstairs the only problem is upstairs is unfinished it is 1200 sq ft. w/ minimal insulation I would need to be shhetrocked and carpeted and I awesome heat we have oil run BASE BOARDS in therest of the house there is already electric in the attic as well as windows so basically I'm wondering how much it would cost to sheetrock carpet and maybe heat it is one very large room... if someone can give me an idea of cost and also who I should ask to do it I would appreciate it thanks
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 28, 2008, 04:11 PM
    I really would need more details because I can't tell if your heatiung system can be extended to cover the attic of how minimal that insulation is. Your should get R16 in the walls and R30 or higher in theceiling, vapor barrier facing in. Sheet rock about $25 per board hung and mudded, carpet $15 per yard plus installation. What about lighting and ventilation?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane xl 1200 not cooling [ 2 Answers ]

I have a trane xl 1200 heat pump that is blowing but the air is not cold. Does anyone have an answer.

1200 cub cadet won't start [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Cub Cadet, model 1200 lawnmower. With spring arriving, I am trying to get it ready to go. However, it won't start. There is no spark. I replaced the plug, and am still receiving no spark. Next, I put a new coil on, and still no spark. Anyone have a suggestion as to how I might proceed....

Finishing a low-ceilinged attic [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am considering buying this particular house, however, if I did, I would want to finish the attic to make a loft style bedroom and possibly add a bathroom over the kitchen. The home is very small, 850 sq ft. The entryway has a cathedral ceiling and I would want to create one in the...

Cub Cadet 1200 [ 3 Answers ]

Hi guys it's me again! I recently traded around for an older Cub Cadet 1200, seems I over looked some problems but am happy over-all with my trade. My question is what does it mean when 1st starting the engine it smokes blue for a couple of minutes and then clears up. Valves? Rings? It...

View more questions Search