Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mimi03 Posts: 201, Reputation: 45

Jun 27, 2008, 12:43 AM
    Anyone Tried Bee Venom Therapy?
    Is anyone familiar with Bee Venom Therapy if so why did you use it and did it help you?
    I have MS and I have been reading about it lately, If I'm not allergic I'm thinking of giving it a try... so any info on experience with this will be helpful...
    Thanks,
    Mimi
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jun 27, 2008, 01:04 AM
    Dear Mimi,

My mother had MS. In the 1970's she started getting bee treatment, and found it reducing a lot of her problems. If that really was so, or if that was due to the placebo effect I am not sure of.
    She lived to the age of 79, forty six years of them with MS.
    Why do you not try it a couple of weeks first, before you make permanent arrangements ?

I wish you all the best and much strength in your battle against MS.

:)
    mimi03 Posts: 201, Reputation: 45

Jun 27, 2008, 01:22 AM
    Credendovidis
    Thanks so much for the comment, I am currently on a treatment called Rebif and it's main purpose is to slow down the progression of the disease but from what I've read about alternative medicines/treatment like BVT some people find themselves not only stopping some progression but also restoring some of the health that was lost...

So far I've experienced, imbalance and lots of vertigo and would really like to not only slow/stop the progression but regain/restore some of the balance etc I've lost ( I used to ice skate, dance, hike, rock climb and much more) now I'm a bit limited in those types of activities... I really can't complain because some people are facing much more difficulties but I will try almost anything (not before researching) to get some of myself back

I plan to see someone (a friend of my nurse) sometime this month... she also has MS and does BVT, hopefully she can give more insight as well!

There isn't a lot of medical research info on this so you kind of have to just go to the source, you know? And because MS is different for each individual I'm aware that these things are trial and error but still hopeful.

Thank you again and it's wonderful that your mother had such a long life, some people without any major disease aren't as lucky to live so long!
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jun 27, 2008, 03:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mimi03
    I plan to see someone (a friend of my nurse) sometime this month...she also has MS and does BVT, hopefully she can give more insight as well!
    There isnt a lot of medical research info on this so you kind of have to just go to the source, you know? And b/c MS is different for each individual I'm aware that these things are trial and error but still hopeful.
    There are many links to that : have a look here or google · ms and bees ·

Quote Originally Posted by mimi03
    Thank you again and it's wonderful that your mother had such a long life, some people without any major disease aren't as lucky to live so long!
    Thanks. Yes, you can get old with it. And the Bee sting therapy seemed at least to provide release of some of the symptoms.
    Depending on your personal religious views : have somewhere either a written will showing clearly when you no longer want to extend medical care, or a sufficient quantity of sleeping pills.

That stated : I really wish you a long and happy life !

:)
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2008, 07:58 AM
    I inadvertently tried the BVT on myself many years ago. I kept 5 beehives in my back yard in South Florida. One overcast day I stupidly wore my white beekeeping suit with black socks and shoes. I opened one hive to harvest some honey. The bees were upset about an upcoming storm. They attacked both my ankles in droves. Somehow I put the hive back together and went inside. My socks were covered in dead bees. I must have been stung at least 200 times. I stayed home and vomited out bee venom for about 2 days. I could only drink soda to settle my stomach. My ankles swelled up like balloons. I did not go to the hospital as I am not allergic to bee stings (mercifully). I stayed in bed as I could not walk very far on the swollen ankles. Ok, now fast forward two weeks. My previous severe arthritic condition vanished. I had rheumatoid in my hands and knees and lower back from a car accident 10 years before. Gone. I had it for 10 years. Gone. It worked for me but at what price? If done properly it should have some kind of theraputic results for you. Would not recommend 200 stings at one time like me.
    tammybailey71 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2012, 08:32 PM
    I live in mo. And I would also like to try this but does anyone have any ideas on where I can find a doctor to get the injections

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Therapy [ 6 Answers ]

Two women were playing golf. One teed off and watched in Horror as her ball headed directly toward a foursome of men Playing the next hole. The ball hit one of the men. He immediately clasped his hands together at his groin, Fell to the ground And proceeded to roll around in agony. ...

Will therapy help me? [ 4 Answers ]

I have been with my girl for 7 months she told me the other day that she wants to spend the rest of her life with me. She is 25 and I am 20 before she met me she slept with my friend it did'nt affect me at first until I started to love her she told me that she he was ugly but she slept with him...

Fire Therapy [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone here heard about Fire Therapy? Some say it originated fro Tibet. Im planning to try at least one session because they say it detoxify body plus, it decreases body fats and lose inches in waist. Is this really safe?

View more questions Search