Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hamiltongirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2008, 06:57 PM
    Collection Agency Harassment
    Hi
    I have been harassed these last couple of weeks from a collection agency about a credit card that I had when I was married. Long story short it didn't get paid off after the divorce. It has been almost six years. This collection agency has been calling my work sometimes three times a day. She threatened to find out who the owner of the place I work was and was going to tell her that I owed them money. Last Monday she left a message on my bosses answering machine telling her that it was urgent that she get in contact with me and that she needed a fax number for me and also gave her a reference number to give to me. This was quite embarrassing because obviously everyone knows what a reference number would be for. This lady continues to harrass me on a daily basis. Is there something I can do to stop her from calling my work?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 26, 2008, 07:10 PM
    Write them a certified letter, demand they do not contact you by phone again,
    TheCleaner Posts: 152, Reputation: 3

Jun 26, 2008, 07:10 PM
    Send them a cease telephone communication letter and a debt validation letter all certified return receip, you can found samples in Debt Consolidation Credit Counseling Free Credit Reports Increase Your Credit Score

Carl.-

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Collection Agency [ 7 Answers ]

I was contacted by a collection agency a few months ago about a debt for an emergency room visit. I told them I had not received any bills, and that I would try to apply for charity care. Two months later they called back. I told the woman I was speaking to that I would like a copy of the bill...

Collection agency [ 1 Answers ]

Can a collection agency still sue you, if you are making monthly payments; even though its not the amount they want you to pay?

Collection Agency [ 1 Answers ]

I had a collection agency contact me about a debt by letter, when I called to ask about making payments they demanded I pay the full amount. When I told them I could not pay all of the debt at one time they pressured me into giving a post dated check. When I saw I was not going to have the money in...

Collection agency [ 1 Answers ]

I have a bill collection agency that keeps calling me. Its been more then 4 year since this happen. Now there calling my family member and telling them and sending them letters can they do this tell every one all or business.:

View more questions Search