Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    janican Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2008, 01:11 PM
    Vacation pay and servers minimun wage
    In Florida how they pay vacations to servers, by the minimun wage of 3.77 or Florida Min. Wage 6.79?:(
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 26, 2008, 04:25 PM
    Vacation is not a right, they don't have to even give vacations.
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Jun 29, 2008, 07:24 AM
    Chuck is correct in that the employer is not required to give vacations, however, if the employer has a vacation policy than it would be paid on whatever wages you are currently earning, but not lower than minimum wages.

Vacation is considered a fringe benefit. The employer policy guides how vacation works. If vacation is paid to one employee it must be paid to all.

Some states (not Florida) have greater regulation on vacation, especially in California. In Florida it is between the employer and the employee as long as everyone is treated the same in regards to vacation.

Shirley
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 29, 2008, 12:05 PM
    If I am not mistaken on most servers, their tips have to make up the difference between wages page and min wage when they are working.

And for those companies I have worked for that did offer vacations, some do not, you had to be a full time employee, part time never got any of the extra benefits, and they were paid an amount that was the average of their pay for some period prior to the vacation time.
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Jun 30, 2008, 06:01 AM
    Yes tipped wage earners make up the difference with tips, however, if no tips are earned minimum wage still must be paid. They are only allowed to pay a subminimum wage because tips are earned. THe employee must earn a minimum wage with or without tips. That means that the base pay for that employee is minimum wage.

They can figure vacation however their policy is but every employee has to be treated the same. They cannot figure vacation differently for one employee than for another employee.

Shirley

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Two SBS Servers together? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, could anyone clarify this for me: I have two SBS servers to run together on same phsical network. One is NT and the other 2003 std. Will they fall out with each other if the domain names are different, do I need a different subnet for each domain or do they have to be physically separated...

Dedicated servers [ 3 Answers ]

Is taking a dedicated server service with a hosting service provider will make it possible to host multiple web sites with unlimited number of domains?

DHCP servers [ 2 Answers ]

Why do DHCP servers have static IP addresses

Free web servers [ 3 Answers ]

Can I get list of free web servers that supports dhtml, actives x pagers of visual basic ?

View more questions Search