Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snwbnny Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2008, 09:27 AM
    When can I have a babyshower?
    My due date is in December. Is September to early to have a babyshower?
    babygirl1092 Posts: 114, Reputation: 8
    -

Jun 26, 2008, 09:45 AM
    If you know fosure the sex of your baby and it works around planning not really, I am due in sep and we had ours June 22.
    ang8318 Posts: 299, Reputation: 27

Jun 26, 2008, 12:03 PM
    I do not think September is too early for a shower. I was also due in December, we had my shower in October, mainly because as you get closer to December more people are busy planning their holiday.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2008, 01:26 PM
    I'm due in January and I am having mines in November. With my last daughter I'd hers in July and she was born in August.

September is not too early.
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

Jun 26, 2008, 02:19 PM
    That's actually a good idea to have it way ahead because as the holidays come around a lot of people will be busy. I don't like having it too close like 8-6 weeks before due date because what if baby decides to come early and everything is not ready?
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2008, 04:59 PM
    You can have a baby shower at any point in time during (or even soon after you give birth) most women simply wait until they are in their last trimester, as at that point they typically know the sex of the baby, the theme of the nursery stuff they want, and the fear of miscarriage etc is not really an issue. Though some people opt to not find out the sex of the baby, so they find no reason to wait for that long in such situations. Also, many chose to wait until after baby is born, so they have an opportunity to show their baby off etc. I prefer to have it in my 7-8th month, since I'm not completely wiped out exhausted and too difficult to waddle around haha. I know the sex of the baby, etc, and usually getting the nursery ready around that time, so I don't have a bunch of stuff sitting around getting in the way forever. I find that having it after baby is born would stress me out too much, but that is just my personality hah. It also depends on who is throwing it for you and if they have preferances of when it is better for them. Also doing it around holidays can be difficult, unless your only inviting family and they are all going to be around, then it might be simpler. Haha. So you see,there's really no set rules on when you have to have your shower. Just go with what is most comfortable and convenient.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2008, 05:35 PM
    piling on here.

no, its not too early.

you are past the first trimester at September and well into the second... and, as mentioned, late oct, nov and dec get crammed with holidays and other events.

September is perfect if it works for you. Kids are back in school. Summer vacations are over. Holidays are coming but not in full swing.

and by the way... congratulations. =)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search