Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dream Dream Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2008, 05:06 AM
    Breast pain and cancer paranoia
    I am 25 and have Type I diabetes since I was 6. No history of breast cancer in either sides of my family.
    I recently (~one month ago) started to have a mild pain in my left breast, also "irradiating" towards the armpit and the back. I checked for lumps/ swells, but I find it really hard to tell if there are any, especially because I have small breasts, so it's difficult to say whether there is some extra tissue apart from the normal one. However, there does not seem to be a significant difference between the size or shape of the two breasts.
    I am also on Yasmin BCP (since 2 years ago), but I still have an irregular menstrual cycle (probably due to diabetes and some ovary cysts). The pain does not seem related to the cycle.
    I do not have a regular sexual life - I only see my guy once a few months. Actually, while I saw him the last time, the pain seemed to cease.
    Frankly speaking, do you think my paranoia is at all justified? Do you have any suggestions for how I should deal with it?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 26, 2008, 06:06 AM
    Any time you have chest pain of any kind, whether it is in the breast, you need to seek medical attention.

It is doubtful that this is breast cancer, but there may be some other issues that should be addressed by your medical professional.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breast Cancer [ 3 Answers ]

I found a lump in my left breast. My doctor said that it was an inflammed mamogland. I keep having breast pain. How do I know if I have breast cancer or not? I don't know if I am too young because I am only 19. My left breast keeps getting bigger and I am suffering from pain every so often. ...

Breast Cancer [ 5 Answers ]

My mom has been having problems lately with her left breast.She has been bleeding through her nipple and her breast gets real big/swollen.The color of her breast changes to a darker color it almost looks as though it is brused up. My question is could this be Breast Cancer?:confused:

Breast cancer pain [ 2 Answers ]

Is there pain in the breast when cancer is present

New here.questions about breast pain, breast lumps [ 2 Answers ]

Hello All! My name is Christy. I am 25 years old. I had my beautiful daughter 15 months ago... that was when I first discovered something was wrong. :confused: When my daughter was 6 weeks old, I felt a lump in my right breast. I thought for sure it was a clogged milk duct. I went in for my 6...

How do I know if I got breast cancer [ 3 Answers ]

Well I'm really worried sick if I got breast cancer cause on both breast I feel something hard and I never had that before what age can you get breast cancer so worried help please

View more questions Search