Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vamosj Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Mar 20, 2006, 08:54 AM
    Can't locate install.log
    While my son was recently playing a game called Empires, it froze for a moment and he was able to exit the game. From then on, the colors on the screen were all snowy and it isn't using all the colors. Dell support told me I had to go in and uninstall the games he was playing and reinstall drivers. I tried to uninstall the game that started the whole thing and it says "cant find install.log" so I don't know what to do to get to where I can uninstall the game. Do you have a suggestion? Thanks for your help in advance!
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2006, 09:47 AM
    Just try reinstalling it without uninstalling first. That should do the same thing.

Mar 20, 2006, 12:37 PM
    I already tried to reinstall the game and when I put the disk in, it only gives me the options of play or uninstall. When I try to play it, it won't run at all, and when I try to click on the uninstall, it won't let me do that either. When I go to add/remove it won't let me do it that way either. All I get when I go there is can't find install.log. I read somewhere on Google to download eclean but when I download that and it says download completed, I try to open that, it won't open, and I can't find that in the add/remove list either.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2006, 01:49 AM
    If you browse to the directory that the game is installed in, is there an "unwise.exe"? If so, this may help:

http://www.workalone.co.uk/?p=3

Post here if you don't understand what it's asking you to do and I'll post some step by step instructions (you'll need to tell me where the game is installed though)

Mar 23, 2006, 03:49 PM
    Problem fixed! Thanks!
    cr0ssd0wn Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2010, 11:01 AM
    How did u uninstall it??

May 16, 2010, 11:01 AM
    How did u uninstall it??

May 16, 2010, 11:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by vamosj View Post
    Problem fixed! Thanks!
    How did u uninstall it?? I can't uninstall it ? Why?? What did u do tell me :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to locate someone in greece [ 2 Answers ]

Anybody knows how can I find a person in athens greece? I have his parents name and his birth date but I still can't find his address or phone?I tried greek white pages but he is not listed.

How to locate bad breaker [ 2 Answers ]

I have a bad breaker on one of central ac units. However there are no labels on the panel to identify which breaker goes to what. How do I tell which breaker goes to the ac unit that has no power. I installed a new switch in the attic and measured the amps on the wires coming from the breaker...

How to locate and take advantage of opprtunities around me? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a big problem. People who are less educated than me, those who don't work as hard as me, those who are not as devoted as me grow and make progress. But I always lag behind. This surprises not only me but to my friends and relatives too. Sometimes I even become a laughing stock or a person to...

Does where you are from inevitably locate you in terms of class? [ 4 Answers ]

How does where you live (type of house and region) affect your class? Does it at all? Any good thinkers I can link this with? Particularly, I'm studying the uk. Thank you so much for any help!!

View more questions Search