Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bikermama Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2008, 08:21 PM
    Civil judgement by credit card company
    What exactly is a civil judgement and what can happen with it?
    slowandeasy Posts: 353, Reputation: 14

Jun 26, 2008, 04:47 AM
    A civil judgement is obtained through a court. You were sued and your creditor has won a legal way to "freeze your bank accounts" and if your state allows wage garnishment. One day you will check your bank account and find out it is frozen ,thus making any outstanding checks bounce. It will cause you nothing but problems until you take care of it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit card civil suit [ 2 Answers ]

I have received a citation that I am being sued for a credit card debt, I live in Texas I heard that the only they can do is take money out of my bank account, also that Texas does not allow wage garnishment for this kind of thing. I would like to keep this out of court. Should I contact the...

Civil summons for a credit card, but my fianc? Has never had a credit card [ 13 Answers ]

Hello! My fiancé has received a civil summons from a law firm representing Discover card. My fiancé has never had a discover card in his life. His parents hae one, but the civil summons is for him. He has never received a bill or a letter or a phone call. Apparently the card balance has been...

Judgement from credit card company [ 1 Answers ]

I had a judgement put against me in 8/2000. I do not remember if I even received a summons, my husband and I also were going through foreclosure and many other problems. I live in Florida. This judgement has been sold over to a fourth party from a law firm. They have upped the judgement amount...

Credit card civil court [ 3 Answers ]

Collection agency has sent letter for a debt, but pursuant to WV code the statue of limitations has expired since last contact. Can the collecection agency coleect the debt with all late fees, over the limit fees and interest?

Judgement filed by credit card company [ 6 Answers ]

I was served with a summons on Oct 20 regarding a large credit card debt. I was given 30 days to respond to a PO box about this summons. I typed a letter & sent in it November. I received a letter from the collection agency yesterday stating I never responded to this summons. All I have is a...

View more questions Search