Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amandalee Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Jun 25, 2008, 07:09 PM
    Winamp and duplicate files
    I have no clue how things work with my computer, but I have downloaded Winamp thinking that it is relatively straight forward to download all my music to Winamp. I was sadly mistaken.

Now that I have downloaded all my music, it has duplicated and in some cases, triplicated some of my songs. I only have the one file in my hard drive, so why is it doing that and how can I prevent or change this?

Right now it says I have 2000 songs on my computer, but I know that is about 800 more than what I actually have. Help!

Thank you,
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2008, 07:22 PM
    Duplicate Cleaner 1.2
    Save disk space by cleaning up identical files.Find duplicate mp3s, photos, etc.
    Size: 1.73MB License: Freeware

Free Duplicate Cleaner Download

Jun 25, 2008, 08:35 PM
    But from what I see there, it checks my hard drive. My hard drive still shows that I only have one copy of each song, however, it is ONLY duplicated or tripled in Winamp. Will this download fix this?
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2008, 04:04 PM
    See if you can find some info here
    WINAMP.COM | Forums

Aug 28, 2008, 10:38 AM
    Well, I found out what happened. A while ago too, but I forgot to put it on here.

When iTunes was downloaded, it created it's own folder with a duplicate of all my files. It was as if they converted my files to work properly in iTunes. So when I removed iTunes from my computer, the file remained and when I transferred all my music files to Winamp, it also took that extra iTunes folder with all my duplicate files. All I had to do was delete the iTunes folder.

Done! Lol
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2008, 02:02 PM
    Glas you worked it out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can't duplicate hyperlink [ 3 Answers ]

In the past, if I copied a browser address into a Works document, the address would underline in blue and was clickable to open that browser address from within the Works document. For some reason, that is no longer valid. I can't think of any changes I've made to Firefox to alter this action. How...

Duplicate IP [ 1 Answers ]

Daer all Good morning , I'm very pleasure to join your forum , I have problem with My router which is connected to RADIUS server , more than one can connect with Specific username , hence they will take same IP , I want any command in CISCO ...

Gmail-Duplicate emails [ 1 Answers ]

How do I fix duplicate emails from Gmail?

How Do I Delete Duplicate Files? [ 6 Answers ]

(First, I am a TRUE beginner) How can I be sure a file is duplicate, then delete it? I believe there are numerous duplicate files which are taking up a huge amt. of space. I have an old CPU (only has Pent.ll) but runs good enough for what I want to do. I am cleaning out this thing; did all...

View more questions Search