Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WVHiflyer Posts: 384, Reputation: 34

Jun 25, 2008, 07:05 PM
    For or again Women's football.
    I watched Pittsburgh Passion beat the DC Divas the other day, and wondered if the TV viewership would pick up enough to give the programmers an idea it'd bring in viewers. Has anyone else seen any of the Women's games? Think it'll catch on?

[Full disclosure: I was on my high school's woefully misnamed 'Powderpuff' team... long ago... ]
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2008, 09:03 PM
    I think Women's football is great!
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2008, 09:19 PM
    Sports... if the men played naked I would watch addictively. Well, they should wear pubic protection.

Women playing football? Money from viewership would make it go. Women should play and be televised far more than they are. You have to consider why male football is so popular. Then manipulate advertising and public attitude. With the right promotion it could work well.
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2008, 09:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by simoneaugie
    Sports...if the men played naked I would watch addictively.
    LMAO... :)

I've actually always said the only way you'd get me to watch Synchronised swimming is if they did it naked :D
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2008, 01:59 PM
    I would watch Women play football. AND I too was on our High School Powderpuff team!
    I got lot's of crap cause I was too "hard"... oh the days HeeHee
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Sep 6, 2008, 04:58 PM
    Well, I know one way that women's football would get a lot of attention from men.
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2008, 01:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer
    Well, I know one way that women's football would get a lot of attention from men.
    Please share stringer... lol
    Business Expert

Sep 7, 2008, 09:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by friend4u178
    Please share stringer.....................lol

My dear friend M, I would like to stay above the frey here so as not to even slightly offend anyone of the other passionate gender, we love them dearly; as this is the nature of an honorable guy.

And being an "honorable" guy I am perplexed as to how I may express exactly how I feel and what I meant. If I let my deep feelings come forth at this time I will run the chance that someone may misunderstand those feelings and I certainly would not want to promote misunderstanding. Nor would I want to advance the "battle of the sexes" with what may be seen as a strictly male opinion.

So, it is in the vain of good relations that I wish to promote only the aspect of good sportsmanship, too often in today's world this is not the top priority of men watching women's sports (here, here). I would like to lay down the gauntlet here and challenge all men to review their motives, look deeply into yourselves, we must elevate our thinking and see past the primal urges.

We must wipe out the mental images of seeing a beautiful naked woman running down field carrying a football in her left arm. Yes... w... I... p... e it out... nope, can't even see... that lovely thing, floating with long hair flowing in the wind... bouncing, bouncing, bouncing... I mean bounding forward in a great athletic burst, excelling in her sport, among the best... I mean... yeah... ohhhhhh me. That is wonderful, yes simply wonderful, amazing how they float... defy gravity...

NO, I mean what speed! What athleticism! What sportsmanship, What zest... what a pair... of... I mean look at those pecks, I mean she must have spent hours in the gym... she is a great athlete! She is... she is... wow, sorry M I must take a break here... I need to relax, I need to sit and admire the form of this fantastic moment...
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2008, 11:27 AM
    Stringer:
    LMAO
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2008, 04:13 PM
    Stringer my friend

Thank you for the great answer... couldn't have said it better :)
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2008, 02:12 PM
    I came back to read your response just one more time... Stringer, I am laughing so hard, I can't even get myself together... LOLOL
    Not that I don't agree of course... (trying to keep the straightest face possible)
    Business Expert

Sep 19, 2008, 02:34 PM
    You are a woman of great insight with the kind of depth that brings a thoughtful and intelligent evaluation to the table, it astounds me and I am speechless...

Stringer
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2008, 02:41 PM
    Well gosh Stringer thanks... and if you don't mind me sayin'... same goes for you cept' I would have put man in the place of the word woman;)
    By the way, your inbox is full... (I wrote a nice long little bit, then I go to send it and bammmmoooo, your box is full;))

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Football in america and all the football schools in the country [ 3 Answers ]

What is the name of the best foot ball school in America?

Final Fantasy Xll again, need a fishing pole [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I'm just wondering where I get the fishing pole I'm saposed to give to the dude in the estersand village. He asks for a rod and I can't find one, so if you could help me out that would be great.

Women's One a day vitamin [ 1 Answers ]

I have just started taking women's one a day the target brand and just wondering should I take other vitamins as well. It says covers what vitamins women should need but I am unsure. Anyone knows please help me out. :)

Is this section about the Football or just US Football (Sort of Rugby) [ 4 Answers ]

Sorry but I am new here, and I am learning for my way around this web site. Don't mean to hurt anybody. I am just kind of lost. Simón T.

View more questions Search