Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tammyp Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2006, 03:07 AM
    Change in period while trying to conceive
    I have been of the pill since Aug 2005. My period has always worked like clock work - always on time while on the pill. When I stopped the pill it was still regular. In October I was late by a week but was quite anxious, I did 2 hpt & 1 blood test which was negative & I was quite disappointed but got over it. Ever since my period has been regular again & no sign of conception. My last period was on the 17th of Feb & the next was expected on the 17th March. I was late again - it came on the 19th. Is this normal? Why the weird delays? Should I be concerned?
    daehnolem Posts: 61, Reputation: 12

Mar 20, 2006, 08:03 PM
    If you're really concerned, of course, your doctor will know best. However, in my experience, I have had the same things happen before. It's fairly normal to have fluctuations in your cycle every now and then. It's possible that since you've gone off the pill, your natural cycle is trying to normalize itself again. When you're on the pill, your period is clockwork because the hormones you're taking dictate what stage of your cycle you're in. When I was on birth control over a year ago, I had a 28 day cycle. When I went off, my cycles started getting shorter, until finally it settled at a 26 day cycle. It still runs like clockwork, but every now and then, I'll be late a day or two. Some people have normal cycles that are longer than the standard 28 days. Chances are, your period is normal. Of course, like I said before, the doctor knows best, but if you go, make sure they know you're trying to conceive. A lot of times doctors will prescribe birth control to regulate your cycle. Hope that helps some.

-B
    mrs.pennell Posts: 132, Reputation: 21

Mar 20, 2006, 08:17 PM
    Sometimes the stress of trying to conceive... you know, the hopes and disappointments can cause pyschosomatic symptoms to occur in a woman's body such as nausea, breast tenderness, and a delayed period. I am trying to conceive now and the same thing has happened to me. I talked to my doctor about it and his advice was to relax. Good luck!
    Hypatia Posts: 163, Reputation: 27

Mar 29, 2006, 12:28 AM
    Ever hear of the old saying only when you stop looking will you find what you have been looking for? It relates. Stop stressing. my period has never been normal in the 15 years I have had it. At 18 I had to take hormone therapy to even get it. Artifical hormones also screw up the natural go of things. It often takes a year to normalize. Make sure your not overdoing it in the bedroom. Every 3 days is best, never more. Let his sperm build up a bit and well, quickies do suck. Relax, make the experience linger. Do you want to say "daddy and I did it like rabbits trying to get you" or "you were made out of love when the time was right"? When you feel crampy but not bleeding, make love. usually ovulation mimics PMs with no bleeding and there is also a increase in discharge or a thickness to it.

Hypatia

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to conceive [ 33 Answers ]

Hello All, Me and my fiancé have been trying to conceive since Jan 2006 NO LUCK, YET. I went to the doctor and they said everythig looked fine, normal. And I;m am not sure whyw e are not getting pregnant yet, its very stressful, and hard to understand. I don't get how many people get pregnant so...

Is there such thing as a limited time to conceive? [ 14 Answers ]

Hi yes I was just wondering some reasons besides infertility that you might have a certain time frame you'd have to conceive in. I'm going into the doctor to see what's going on with me since I am 28 years old and it seems like I just can't conceive. One of my friends was told by there doctor that...

Where is my period?? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I've just recently turned twenty years old and very sexually active since the age of 17 (had sex with the same guy ever since). My last period began JULY 7th (yes, it's been a while) and ended JULY 9. my period only lasts for three days then my period comes after 26 days, but I haven't had it...

Trying to conceive [ 5 Answers ]

I need help, please help me. We have been trying to conceive. My last period was on 7-29-06. I was supposed to start on 8-28-06, but instead I started on the 27th but very light pink with dark brown. It only lasted a day in a half. I took a pregnancy test but it showed negative. I have been...

Trying to conceive [ 7 Answers ]

HI there folks, I'm new to all this, but have been on a few sites and seen the help and support that is offered and thought I could do with some of that, I an 25 and have been trying to conceive for 6 months, I have regular cycles of 33 days and have been doing all the recommeded charting etc, on...

View more questions Search