Ask
    mplink Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2008, 05:07 PM
    Taxes on game show earnings
    How does it work when you win cars money etc. on game shows
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 25, 2008, 05:15 PM
    you have all the federal and state taxes that are due on them, their value is shown as a 1099 income. Won a computer some years back, that free computer cost me a lot in the long run.
    mplink Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2008, 06:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    you have all the federal and state taxes that are due on them, their value is shown as a 1099 income. Won a computer some years back, that free computer cost me alot in the long run.
    Thanks chuck
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Jun 25, 2008, 11:17 PM
    Income from winnings is taxable. Besides, you will also be paying other taxes (includes sales tax) and shipping charges.
    So if you don't really need the item, you don't want to get the junk at a discounted rate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Game Show Host game [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know of an old electroinc board game that features a talking game show host? It was released in the late 70s or in the 80s. I thought the name of it was "Game Show Host" but I can't find it anywhere. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Mid-'80s, TV show, Laser/Light shooting game [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone remember a television show that aired in the mid-eighties (guessing around '86) that had an interactive, sci-fi premise? (Not a cartoon) What really made this show unique was that you could purchase a laser/light blaster specifically for this show. Mine was shaped like the spaceship of...

Earnings for filing income taxes [ 1 Answers ]

How much money does one have to earn per year before they have to file income taxes

Taxes on 1099 earnings [ 13 Answers ]

Hello AtlantaTaxExpert Thanks in advance for your time. I came to the US in Jul 2001 on an F-1 Visa. My OPT started in OCT 2005 and ends in OCT 2006. I started working for my current employer on 3rd Jan 2006. He knows my status is OPT and said that he wouldn't generate a W-2 for me and at...

View more questions Search