Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RORO321 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2008, 02:07 PM
    Belly piercing
    How do you pierce your own belly button I mean like what are the steps to do it
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2008, 02:53 PM
    I'm sure you've heard the lectures so here's the procedure: Take a clean safety pin, and put it through a few flames. Then, once its dry, wash it again before peircing. Place ice on the piercing area, and if you have it, numbing cream/or whatever you have. For belly button, squese the skin together, and push UP, Don't go down, you have better chance of a) it not working or b) it goes to far in.

Straight from the Internet -
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2008, 11:39 PM
    Judy, I hope you were joking. That is a prime example of what not to do.

Never ever ever pierce yourself. That is why professional piercers pay so much to go through apprenticeships. They know what they are doing, leave the job to them.

Safety pin? Please, don't use a safety pin to pierce yourself. A safety pin is nowhere near the right gauge that needs to be used for navel piercings. Safety pins are right around an 18 gauge, and most standard navel piercings are 14 gauge. If you try and put a piece of navel jewelry into a hole that you pierced with a safety pin, its either not going to fit, or, if you force it, you will hurt yourself.

Running the pin through flames does not sterilize it. The only thing that will sterilize a needle enough to stick into your body is an autoclave. If you stick yourself with a needle that is not sterilized, you put yourself at risk for a very nasty infection, and if you are not careful, you are even at risk for Hepatitis. Not worth it.

Professional piercers have the proper equipment and knowledge. Pay the money, let them do the job, and run lower risks of infection and other nasty things that can happen.
    ROTC_babe Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2008, 06:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RORO321
    how do you pierce your own belly button i mean like what are the steps to do it
    OMG NO NO NO never ever ever pierce your own body. There are so many health risks and half the time it hurts worse then it would if u get it professionaly done. Always always always get it done in a GOOD studio

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Belly piercing [ 8 Answers ]

Ok I got my belly pierced and when I clean it and every thing it still feels like there is soap in it or the salt water but I rinsh it really good so I don't no and I'm getting kind a scared I only hade it picered 4 days.I think it is healing really good though how long should I clean it for?I...

Self belly piercing. [ 16 Answers ]

Hi, I really want my navel pierced but my mum being my mum she said no I've got everything you would need to get it done lying about my room and I no how to serilise it etc My questions are, Should you go from top to bottom or bottom to top? How much forse should you apply on the needle to...

Belly piercing? [ 3 Answers ]

I've tried to pierce my navel before like 3 months ago... but it didn't really work! I have a ring and everything but I don't know what to do really... I know how to sterilize and everything... but I don't no what needle to use? I don't know where to get the needle? Helpp!!

Belly Piercing [ 4 Answers ]

I got my belly pierced in early Nov and now it has a bump at the top and bottom and they look red. It was bleeding last Friday when I woke up and it also feels like there is a hard lump in it. I went to the tattoo shop last night and they said it didn't look infected but it hurts really bad. Is it...

Belly Piercing [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, I just want to ask if the belly piercing causes cancer, because many people told me that it does since the belly is connected to our stomach and intestine! Thanks

View more questions Search