Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lcrate41 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2008, 09:58 AM
    Repairing corroded galvanized pipes with cura flow procedures
    I have a home built in 1939 and it has come time to address the corroded galvanized pipes. It has been suggested I look into the new techniques for coating the pipes. or using an electric current to de-corrode the pipes. My question is what is the downside to this type of repair.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 25, 2008, 10:02 AM
    Your pipes are about 70 years old, this is not an option for you. The scale build up and corrosion may be all that holds your pipes together. I would recommend getting at least 3 estimates from licensed plumbers for installation of PEX piping. You can also use these estimates to help you determine if you can do much of the work yourself. This is no small task.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Galvanized heat pipes [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1950's ranch with galvanized supply and return lines that connect to copper baseboard radiators. It appears they are using a brass or copper fitting that is soldered to the copper below flore level. There are plugs on the bottom of all these fittings. The strange part is that the...

Breaking Loose Rusted Galvanized Pipes [ 3 Answers ]

I need to break a rusted galvanized pipe joint that is used is used for yard watering system. Is there any compound that can be applied to the metal that will make it easier? I haven't been able to get it to move with 14 inch pipe wrench. Next I'm going to try to rig up a cheater with a length...

Getting corroded pipes loose [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I are putting in a new fixture in our shower/bath combo, got everything in order now, but one pipe that we cannot get loose. My husband is a big guy that has the man power, but I think that it might have something to do with the pipes being corroded. Does anyone know of any tricks...

Do I have corroded pipes below below my tub? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi - I am REALLY hoping someone out there can help! We live in an old house (built 1888). The plumbing is not that old, since the house didn't have indoor plumbing when it was built. We believe the plumbing was put in around 1934. Our upstairs tub/shower won't drain. We have had it...

Nut on wall pipe is too corroded and won't come off [ 1 Answers ]

The wall pipe under the kitchen sink has a hole. I already disconnected the end that attaches to the trap, but the side that connects to pipe in the wall is badly corroded and the nut won't come loose. I already tried banging the pliers with a hammer and WD40. I can't get it to budge at all. ...

View more questions Search