Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2008, 09:31 AM
    Rebuilding 2-Cycle Carburetors
    I stayed up late last night rebuilding a Walbro carburetor to my Weedeater Trimmer ($78, Home Depot). I suspected the Pump Diaphram was weakening and causing the engine to die. I bought a common Walbro K10WAT rebuilding kit ($7.45, eBay). After replacing everything, the trimmer started the first time, ran well, but would not restart afterwards. I also replaced all hoses with yellow Tygon Fuel and Oil Line (3/32" I.D. x 3/16" O.D.) and cleaned the fuel pickup, air filter, and exhaust port.

After tearing the carburetor apart again, the problem was the Micro Screen, located beneath the Pump Diaphram--it became clogged, even though I could not see it. Previously, I had tried cleaning the screen with brake cleaner spray. After I picked out and pressed in a new screen, everything ran great. Hopefully, my experience will benefit someone else.

Dealers say these trimmers should last 2 to 3 years. Because of the long growing season in Texas, my trimmer gets used a lot--it's 13 years old and I expect it to last many more. I use synthetic 2-cycle oil, rated API TC, mixed 100:1.

Check out some similar questions!

Rebuilding carburetor. [ 4 Answers ]

I am getting ready to rebuild my carburetor on an 86 yamaha virago 700 and was looking for some pointers before I start... I've never done this before...

In Plants: Light Cycle vs Dark Cycle vs Calvin Cycle vs Cellular Respiration? [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone explain to me the difference between these? I am trying to write a lab report and have no idea what I'm writing about.

Rebuilding friendships [ 8 Answers ]

I remember discussing on the forum that "we can lose friends" when we lean on them too much for support. I know I have made this mistake with friends - feeling needy. I feel I am much stronger now, however I am not sure how to rebuild those friendships - as I can sense they are reluctant to...

Truck Carburetors [ 1 Answers ]

I got an edelbrock from a friend but I don't know where to get the spacer for it I got a 72 chevy

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.