Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kthomsen67 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2004, 12:06 PM
    Background Checks
    My husband recently applied for a supervisor position at a large corporation. He was asked to fill out paperwork for a background check, physical, urine, etc...

They made him a "conditional offer". I am concerned because we have had some credit problems over the last year and a half -- we have collection agencies chasing us -- although we are making every effort to pay this debt down -- it's still there... How much weight does this carry? I am concerned he may not get the position because we owe like $60k in credit cards...

Your help would be appreciated.
    leolingham2000 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2004, 10:49 AM
    Background Check
    Most of the selections are based on

-qualifications
    -experience
    -competence
    etc.

Reference check is made for performance records and
    Criminal records.

Legitimate borrowings , using credit card, is not a crime.

Hence, you need not worry about it.

Regards

LEO LINGHAM
    ngustav74 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2005, 05:19 PM
    Evaluation of credit is an important component of a background check for managerial roles with fiduciary or cash handling responsibilities, inventory or key holder positions. A credit report can be an important indicator of financial responsibility.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About background checks [ 5 Answers ]

I am looking for a new job, and want to find out how to get a background check on myself, some of my passed employment dates may be incorrect. Just want to see what a possible employer will see about me.?

Online background checks, but which service? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I want to be able to do some background checks for criminal history, outstanding warrants and even information that may be false. Since some services offer permanent memberships for $35 with money back grantee 90 days. but I also need to do checks on EU citizens and this is harder. My...

Insurance checks [ 2 Answers ]

Do I have to report insurance checks I received following a job accident? If yes, How ? I haven't received any form except the W2 for the income prior to the accident. Thank you.

Background checks [ 1 Answers ]

My husband recently applied for a supervisor position at a large corporation. He was asked to fill out paperwork for a background check, physical, urine, etc... They made him a "conditional offer". I am concerned because we have had some credit problems over the last year and a half -- we...

View more questions Search