Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2008, 10:36 AM
    MMmmmm... grilled cheese with dill pickles inside...

Sounds gross... but wow... awesome!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 24, 2008, 05:49 PM
    Now I'm hungry. Thanks guys. Hmmm... where's the cheese, darnit, I'm out. Later, I have to go shopping. :)
    WVHiflyer Posts: 384, Reputation: 34

Jul 24, 2008, 09:45 PM
    I like pickles with peanut butter. Toasted bread or not. Sweet or dill (but I like dill better).

-
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jul 24, 2008, 09:52 PM
    Waiting for the home canned Dill Pickles to be done in the fall! Along with the homemade jams and Chokecherry syrup and jelly for the pancakes, or fresh homemade bread! Yuuummmmm!!

Jul 24, 2008, 10:05 PM
    Now you make me nostalgic... I miss Mom's bread & butter pickles, tomato jam, green pepper jam, half runners...

<sigh>

-
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jul 24, 2008, 10:26 PM
    Ohhh... Green Pepper Jam! All of my friends thought that was crazy! Now I'm getting sooo hungry!

All we would have to do was go down to the cellar, and pick out a jar of something. Pickled dills, carrots, beets, beans! Or canned peaches, plums, cherries,. to put on top of ice cream!

Homemade Cocoa when we came home from school if it was cold or raining! We would toast marshmallows with peanut butter on a Ritz Cracker under the broiler to go with them... oh geeezzzz... I need to eat something good! Sadly, I've got a whole bunch of processed food in my pantry! :(
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jul 24, 2008, 10:29 PM
    Gee... things were really like this? I am really enjoying all this reminiscing, you guys had it pretty ruff, huh?

Stringer

Jul 24, 2008, 10:33 PM
    I always had to get friends to try the tomato or green pepper jam first before I told them what it was. In the house where I grew up, we had a room of the basement Mom used as a 'root cellar' and she kept it full of canned stuff. I can't even find anything like her b&b pickles. They were great on burgers.

-
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jul 24, 2008, 10:33 PM
    Stringy? Do you think if I took a jar of jelly to the line dance, it would increase my chances of getting a good dance partner?. LMAO!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jul 24, 2008, 10:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by WVHiflyer
    I always had to get friends to try the tomato or green pepper jam first before I told em what it was. In the house where I grew up, we had a room of the basement Mom used as a 'root cellar' and she kept it full of canned stuff. I can't even find anything like her b&b pickles. They were great on burgers.

-
    :p... I have a jar of Mom's B&B pickles from last yr in my fridge right now... thanks for the reminder! Straight out of the jar for me!! :D

Our root cellar was in the basement too! It was just a small room at the end of the house that stayed cool. We just put up shelves and called it the root cellar. All of our canned goods stayed down there too!. oh and that's where the homemade wine was also! LOL! We liked the root cellar... HAHAHA!
    Business Expert

Jul 24, 2008, 10:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck8
    Stringy? Do you think if I took a jar of jelly to the line dance, it would increase my chances of getting a good dance partner??................LMAO!!
    Sweetheart, all you have to do is bat those baby blues a little... and draw a crowd.:)
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jul 24, 2008, 10:52 PM
    Awwwww... Tanks Stringman! (eyes are green by the way... lol) I do a mean two step though! I used to live in "Cowtown" (Calgary), and you can't get away with not knowing how to "Two Step and Polka" there! It's a city full of cowboys!
    Business Expert

Jul 24, 2008, 11:03 PM
    Marta would love it there.. (she is from Krakow a very beautiful city) and all Poles should know how to Polka... right? Kidding, she said she never heard of the Polka until she came here to Chicago... how about that? Of course she is still a young'un... what would she know?? :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Born again [ 7 Answers ]

What can you do, if you have a Spiritual Leader in the Church (Female) that is very sensitive and has feelings that often get hurt. They are contrarily also quite domineering and authoritative during sessions of fellowship and in general and can make you feel slightly intimidated in their...

Can I claim my new born child that was born on January 2008 [ 3 Answers ]

Can I claim my new born child born in January 2008 on my 2007 taxes?

Where were you born [ 104 Answers ]

Out of curiosity, I wonder where you guys were born. Where were you born and where do you call home and where do you live now. I was born in Nebraska, raised in Alaska and live in Oregon. I have to say that Alaska will always be my home, my whole life was spent there except for the last 6 years...

Why are we born ? [ 63 Answers ]

What is the purpose of our life ? To enjoy ? To suffer ?

View more questions Search