Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adelericb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2008, 07:12 AM
    Case management Conference
    I have a date to attend a case management conference due to a credit card debt. What will happen if I don't go? What will happen at the conference.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 25, 2008, 07:18 AM
    If you don't show, most likely a judgement will be entered in the creditor's favor which they can use to attach your assets.

What will probably happen at the conference is they will attempt to show why you should pay the debt and you will try to show why you shouldn't.
    adelericb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2008, 07:30 AM
    What do I need to bring? Obviously I am trying to get out of paying the debt to the best of my abilities.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 25, 2008, 08:03 AM
    I have a problem with "trying to get out of paying the debt". If the debt is valid you have an obligation to pay it. If your circumstance are such that its an extreme hardship to pay, then try and work out an agreeable settlement. But I won't assist in stiffing the creditor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Validation and Case MGMT Conference Scheduled [ 3 Answers ]

I received a summons in Massachusetts for a CC debt. An answer was filed on time. A case management conference was scheduled for March 20th. I did NOT request validation of this debt. On March 12th and again on March 19th I made a settlement offer. I have proof of receipt of the offers. I didn't...

Summons civil case management conference [ 2 Answers ]

I received a summons for uncollected debt and I want to know if I can just pay it off without going to court - can you help me?

Case Management Conference [ 2 Answers ]

I have got papers from one of the lawyer to appear in the court for a civil case (debt) for case management confernece. Is here any reply I need to send to them court before the date or just show up on the date and time they have asked. Please help!

Work conference [ 11 Answers ]

My fiancé went to Milan on a 3 day work conference, there in all about 30 IT technicians for all our Europe. Anyway on the 2 nights he was there he was out drinking till 4am with one of the guys there, and my fiancé told me, that they started chatting to 2 foreign girls. My fiancé said he spoke...

View more questions Search