Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cartmen623 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2006, 07:02 PM
    My girlfriend
    Hi
    My girlfriend is a cutter
    She did in the past, then stopped, then after meeting a friend of hers
    Who still does she started again. Now I will admit that when I found out I did flip out a bit and I probably shouldn't of but now she won't talk to me, and I have been trying my best to help her because I love her, but she will not respond to my calls and will not see me what should I do?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2006, 06:02 AM
    Hi,
    Your girlfriend needs help; from a counselor or a family counselor; maybe even a psychiatrist. Her parents, if she is underage and living at home, need to know.
    The best way you can help is talk with her parents. Forget about "love" until this has been straightened out. I do wish you the best, and good luck.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 20, 2006, 07:14 AM
    Her parents need to know, and she needs professional help, this is a problem that will not just go away.
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Mar 20, 2006, 08:29 AM
    Sadly, people use cutting as a means to cope and it is often just the first signs of a larger problem in the person's life.

Regardless of your friend's age, she needs immediate professional help. Cutting is a mental illness that you will not be able to “fix” for her.

If you believe she is hurting herself, I would strongly recommend you call 911 and report it. Let the police check her out and talk to her.

As cutters deepen their wounds, it becomes increasingly possible for them to intentionally or accidentally severe an artery causing their death.
    jurplesman Posts: 83, Reputation: 7
    -

May 1, 2006, 10:17 PM
    I agree with the other posters that your girlfriend needs help from a professional.

I'd like to point out that self-harming results from a depressive illness, and thus she needs to be treated for depression. This can be done with the help of drugs, but as a nutritional psychologist I suggest that this should be done by nutritional means.

Ask her parents to read:

Depression: a Disease of Energy Production

And have them discuss thid with a doctor familiar with nutritional medicine to treat her condition.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex Girlfriend help [ 5 Answers ]

What's up people! I recently was dating a girl for a period of six years. We were best friends, and we still get a long well today after being broken up for a couple months. She was the one who initiated this breakup. I can admit I wasn't always good to her, and ignored her to an extent. I...

No Girlfriend [ 2 Answers ]

I haven't had a girlfriend for nearly 3 years, and I'm only 16. When I was youner I used to have a girlfriend all the time, I used to be able to go and ask the girl out to her face, then I started asking my friends to ask them for me, but now I daren't even do that. I guess that I'm scared of being...

Ex Girlfriend [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I'm 16 , and I reside in Delaware, two years ago, I met this girl , when we first met, we didn't really talk, then we became real good friends, and eventually sparked a relationship and it lasted a good 9 months. We was real young and I remember she wanted us to get married and I grew...

Ex girlfriend [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I am having trouble with an ex girlfriend. When I was 17 I went out with this girl for about 18months and it was our first love, it ended when she went to university and I was getting jealous about her being out all the time, and I suppose I was a bit obsessed. It took me quite a while to...

Just saw ex girlfriend [ 4 Answers ]

I just went to the going away party of my ex girlfriend's best friend. We were together for 2 years when she decided that she wanted a break. That was 7 months ago and now I miss her a heap. She is so beautiful but I just can't seem to flirt with her, even though I have no trouble flirting with...

View more questions Search