Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alana-nadine Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2008, 11:52 PM
    Can my Boyfriend adopt my daughter when we are married?
    Hello, I have a little girl and she is 3, her bio, father has never seen her or even wanted anything to do with her, he is not on the birthcert. Either. If I get married can my husband adopt my child without her father being involved, do I need a lawyer how long does it take?? Can someone help me please?
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2008, 12:46 AM
    I don't know where your from and I don't know what's the law in your state/country about adoption but yes it is very much possible.Yeah consult a lawyer because there are things have to be LEGALLY processed.
    stefanie_1217 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2008, 01:09 AM
    The bio father would have to sign his rights over or you would have to go to court and get a judge to take his rights away leagally. I would consult an attorney if I were you.
    alana-nadine Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2008, 02:22 AM
    Thank you for the answers. It looks as if its going to be a long run. I am living in germany at the minute but I am moving to england as my boyfriend is english and I am irish.
    It sucks that sumone has to sign rights over to someone that is more a daddy than himself. But thanks anyway... take care you all

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Husband wants to adopt my daughter. [ 1 Answers ]

I had my daughter out of marriage and her father has only seen her once he is not in the birth certificate but she has his last name. He has been in and out in jail and would get deported once he gets out he is illegal here we have no contact with him at all. Now I have been married for 3 yrs and...

How does my husband adopt my daughter? [ 2 Answers ]

What do we have to do for my husband to adopt my daughter?

I'm about to get married and my fiancŽe wants to adopt my daughter. [ 3 Answers ]

I'm about to get married in a few months and I was wondering what I have to do to have my daughter adopted by my fiancée. her biological father has no rights to her and has no contact with us. Do I have to try to contact him and ask him for permission? Or can we just file paperwork with the courts?...

How Can My Hubby Adopt My Daughter? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, If anyone can answer this I would appreciate it a lot. How can my husband adopt my daughter? Her biological father is not on the birth certificate, would this make it easier? The only father she knows is my husband. Please advise, Thanks! Sincerely, Andrea Lewis

How can my spouse adopt my daughter? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I would love to have some advice on how my spouse can adopt my daugther. I am currently 7 months pregnant and my daugther is due Feb 15th 2007. My spouse is not the babies father, but would love to adopt her as his own. He is in the military and has been in for 10 years. I do know who the...

View more questions Search