Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    avenger9000 Posts: 99, Reputation: 2

Jun 24, 2008, 09:16 PM
    Would she be in heaven or hell?
    For those people that have read the Megan Meier story, the fact that she has depression and was bullied so bad until she finally takes her own life... would she be in heaven or hell?

For those of you that don't know the story, you can find the story here on this very site or you could Google it..

Thanks for answers in advance...

God Bless

Adam
    IM4U Posts: 156, Reputation: 16

Jun 24, 2008, 09:27 PM
    It is encouraging to hear someone asking ultimate questions about life, faith, and eternity. I can offer an opinion--my own.

Personally, I do not believe that the taking of one's own life, within itself, dooms a person for eternity. I do not believe that person necessarily spends eternity in hell. I believe that eternal destiny is determined by other factors related to the earthly life before its end.

I am glad to develop my thoughts further with you about the matter if you wish. It goes to my personal interpretation of the teachings of the Bible concerning one's relationship with God and the basis for that relationship.
    avenger9000 Posts: 99, Reputation: 2

Jun 24, 2008, 09:30 PM
    So is she going ot be in heaven or hell?
    IM4U Posts: 156, Reputation: 16

Jun 24, 2008, 09:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by IM4U
    It is encouraging to hear someone asking ultimate questions about life, faith, and eternity. I can offer an opinion--my own.

Personally, I do not believe that the taking of one's own life, within itself, dooms a person for eternity. I do not believe that person necessarily spends eternity in hell. I believe that eternal destiny is determined by other factors related to the earthly life before its end.

I am glad to develop my thoughts further with you about the matter if you wish. It goes to my personal interpretation of the teachings of the Bible concerning one's relationship with God and the basis for that relationship.
    In my belief/understanding regarding Bible teachings, a person's eternal destiny, heaven or hell, is determined upon a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ. Jesus claimed to be "the Way, the Truth, and the Life." He also said we come to the Father (God) through Him--Jesus. He further claimed that He is the same as God, "I and the Father are One." The guy had to be a liar, delusional, or Who He said He was.

He arose from the dead, according to the Bible, after being executed by the Romans at the insistence of the Jewish leaders of His day in Jerusalem. That arising from death is celebrated throughout the year by Christians but especially in rituals during the season of "Easter."

I did not take time (obviously) to document the Biblical quotes re Jesus' statements about himself above. If that would be helpful, please say so, and I'll get those references for you.
    berttha Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2008, 04:04 AM
    HELL.

Exodus 20:13. The commands include "thou shalt not murder".

Life is given from God. Anyone who chooses to end it does so without God's permission.

The choice to prematurely end life results in murder, including when chosen by ones self.

God is the only one who knows when our lives will end which is when He takes our spirits back. That is when we are assigned to die, when we have achieved our lives purpose no matter our age.

The devil will give us thoughts to take our lives through his unhappiness and dissatisfaction, deppression etc. He will also cause accidents, murder, terroism etc. to achieve this.

That is why we must be prepared 24/7 living without sin and walking according to His word.

This is a fact.

Any more questions, scriptural references, I'll be honored to help.
    MoonlitWaves Posts: 171, Reputation: 52

Jun 25, 2008, 05:17 AM
    We had a discussion about suicide as it pertains to eternal life about a week ago on this board. I would suggest reading the posts on it for members beliefs regarding this.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/christ...in-216405.html
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2008, 08:11 AM
    I tend to make my own rules for religious matters, sometimes.
    If someone is so distressed mentally that their only recourse is suicide, I don't think they are automatically condemned to hell. If they had faith in God before they became so distraught they still have a chance. The suicide is certainly not a pass to heaven.
    So, this person may or may not have gone to heaven depending on whether they lived their faith and were acceptable in the eyes of God.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 25, 2008, 01:46 PM
    First the issue of killing their self is not the deciding factor on going to heaven. We do not know the status of that persons acceptance of Jesus Christ. That will make the choice of what happens to their soul, A person who who has accepted Christ as their Savior will be saved and they go to heaven, those that have not, do not.

For those that have had medical and mental issues hat are not in control of their own minds are never held accountable for them.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2008, 01:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    First the issue of killing thier self is not the deciding factor on going to heaven. We do not know the status of that persons acceptance of Jesus Christ. That will make the choice of what happens to thier soul, A person who who has accepted Christ as thier Savior will be saved and they go to heaven, those that have not, do not.

For those that have had medical and mental issues hat are not in control of thier own minds are never held accountable for them.
    I am no biblical scholar, but is it not true that there are unforgivable sins?

Are you saying that no matter what I do, as long as I accept Christ as my savior, I will make it to heaven?
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2008, 01:58 PM
    According to Christianity, only God decides where people spend eternity... that is after they are judged.
    tsila1777 Posts: 138, Reputation: 18

Jun 25, 2008, 04:33 PM
    Jesus died for our sins, past, present and future before we were even born. He carried our sins to the cross and left them there. He paid the price for our sins before we committed them. I would think that would include suicide. Since that is a future sin. Once we accept Jesus as our LORD we are born again. Our sins are forgiven, we receive the righteousness of God.
    Jesus was murdered on the cross, but he allowed it to happen. He could have called ten thousand angels to save his own life, but He chose to die for us.

I have had several family members and friends who have killed themselves. Some claimed they were born again... I can't judge if they were or not and I have no reason not to believe they were. Some were not born again... so those I assume are in hell. I do not know if they made Jesus their Lord at some point that I am unaware of or not. It's sad to think of people we know in hell for ever... but I believe those who are Christian with serious mental problems that take their own lives will go to be with the Lord.

I don't believe in once in grace always in grace... however I believe the Blood has never lost it's power to forgive sins. We cannot know all our sins to confess each one of them. But we can plead the Blood of Jesus and confess those we know and He will forgive us and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Yes, murder is a sin, but so is hating someone or lusting after someone in your heart even if you don't actually do the deed. There are sins of omission as well.

We were told to love God and to love our neighbor as ourselves. All the other commandments are covered in these two.

I've actually seriously considered suicide myself, it's like being an alcoholic, something you have to guard against continually. A constant battle, and when one is weakened by outside stress or loss, it's so much harder to fight. We don't always win every battle in life, someone who is tempted to lust after another man's wife, may lose the battle. That doesn't mean he's hell bound. He does however have the time to confess it and receive forgiveness. But we all commit sins everyday and are not aware of them, we could not possibly confess every sin we commit everyday.

And there are no big sins and little sins... sin is sin. So murder is no worse than saying a harsh word to someone. Or being cross with someone who took our parking space.

If a person is trully born again, accepted Jesus as their Lord and lived a godly live to the best of their ability. I believe suicide would be covered by the Blood that washes away all sin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My opinion based on my knowledge of the Word of God.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 25, 2008, 04:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by progunr
    I am no biblical scholar, but is it not true that there are unforgivable sins?

Are you saying that no matter what I do, as long as I accept Christ as my savior, I will make it to heaven?

The bible mentions only the sin against the Holy Spirit as the unforgivable sin, It does not say that suicide is not or can not be covered by the blood of christ.

Other issues of what that sin is, is ot related to this question.
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2008, 12:35 PM
    If the person was" born again" there is nothing or no one that can take that away.. not even suicide. The blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from ALL sin. ALL means all.
    freeman4 Posts: 102, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2013, 05:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux View Post
    According to Christianity, only God decides where people spend eternity....that is after they are judged.
    You are so right, only God can make that decision and that will be at the time He chooses.

Prophetic News for America! - "To Warn a Dying Nation".
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2013, 08:14 AM
    Freeman,

NO! She isn't right. God set a plan in motion after Adam and eve sinned. Anyone who will accept his Son as their savior will be saved. It isn't up to GOD but rather it is up to us. What will we do with Christ? God gave us the answer to our sin problem WE have to accept or reject it.
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2013, 11:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Choux View Post
    According to Christianity, only God decides where people spend eternity....that is after they are judged.
    You are so right, only God can make that decision and that will be at the time He chooses.
    That should actually say "According to some branches of Christianity. There are plenty that take the other view, and both can support their position with isolated biblical verses and references. And "that is after they are judged" is just plan wrong. Many passages tell us that a lot of things were decided before the foundation of the world, including our inheritance as children of God. So as much as it pains me to admit it, ClassyT is correct :P
    freeman4 Posts: 102, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2013, 02:26 PM
    What I am saying is only God can make a final decision on an individual like committing suicide, we can not judge that person.

You are correct in that the decision to choose God and His ways are our own, but He will guide us in that decision and that is done with his Holy Spirit.

He said " I put before you life and death and that He hoped we would choose life."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What does heaven look like [ 100 Answers ]

How could I describe heaven and what it looks like?

Will you go to heaven or hell if you sin on purpose and you are saved? [ 132 Answers ]

Ok... I got saved about 5 or 6 months ago and my boyfriend who used to be a very good christian encouraged me to.. well now my boyfriend is slacking off and has been purposely doing sins, and asks God for forgiveness, knowing that he will do it again.. and he thinks that just because he is saved he...

Who sings the song Heaven o Heaven.. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Ive been looking everywhere do find out who sings that slow song that goes "Heaven o Heaven can you help me, Iam down on my knees please heaven, heaven, heaven, I close my eyes and shes all I see heaven o heaven can you help me" The group or singer sort of sound like Boyz II Men Please...

God/Heaven/Hell complex and germaphobia [ 6 Answers ]

Thought I'd knock this one out of the park with two things. For awhile I had this thing where I would constantly have to pray for people that I saw. Even though I had given up on religion and had no faith and stuff, and even if I didn't know the person, I'd find myself thinking stuff like "I hope...

Is this Heaven or Hell? [ 7 Answers ]

Believers please excuse my borrowing the concept -- I was going down the list of questions and came across "tombstone period". After reading the post I did a answers.com search and came up blank.Next choose for this type of searches for me are Wikapidia or Ask.com -- I picked wik Nothing on...

View more questions Search