Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jun 24, 2008, 09:09 PM
    Christmas Letters
    I have a stupid question: What is done with letters addressed to Santa Claus received by the Post Office?
    WVHiflyer Posts: 384, Reputation: 34

Jun 24, 2008, 10:58 PM
    Dead letter ofc. Then they prob contribute to our CO2 output... <G>
    blackblue Posts: 145, Reputation: 8

Jul 16, 2008, 05:35 PM
    That's not a stupid question!

But I don't know.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2008, 05:44 PM
    In Canada the kids get replies.
    Not sure what they do with the original letters though.
    Vision Expert

Jul 16, 2008, 05:48 PM
    I was watching a movie and it was a post office scene, where the post office worker said that he could take a letter to santa and buy the gift and mail it to the child. I thought it was such a great idea. There really should be an organization like that...
    WVHiflyer Posts: 384, Reputation: 34

Jul 16, 2008, 11:31 PM
    ChiMom, I was thinking of that movie when I first read your question. Couldn't remember if it was based at all on actual events or just a happy flick.

-
    Vision Expert

Jul 16, 2008, 11:35 PM
    I think that's so sweet!
    missingpieces Posts: 70, Reputation: 6

Oct 31, 2008, 07:04 PM

That would be awesome! I know my parents just took ours when we were little and said they would mail them for us, sometimes we would take it to the post office too.

I wonder what they actually do with them too, that is a really good question.

My parents used to get us the stuff on the list and write "From Santa" on the gifts. When I got a little older I recognized my mom's writing on the presents and asked her about it and she told me she was one of Santa's helpers and I thought that was the coolest thing ever. So parents a lot of the time give the gifts I think. Still would be a very cool nonprofit for families that can't afford to get the gifts for their kids!

Sorry random story, but just made me remember it :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thank you letters! [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to write a thank you letter for the public to include in our companies first newsletter. I was wandering if anyone could tell me where I could find some templates or just a general ledger of how to! I am driving myself crazy over something so small, therefore getting nowhere! :confused:...

Letters from her ex. [ 4 Answers ]

Just hoping to get some advise from the board as I have posted here before and gotten good responses. I am a newly wed with a woman I love dearly. In the early stages of our relationship while dating she had to deal with "getting over" an ex boyfriend, at the same time she still told me how...

The Seven Letters [ 2 Answers ]

In the Book of Revelation, we are given seven letters to the churches. I just read an interesting article that ponders what such letters to today's churches might look like. If you're interested, it's here: Letters to the Church | Articles | BuildingChurchLeaders.com My question is what do...

Thank you letters [ 2 Answers ]

Anyone familiar with any sites that offering tips for writing thank you letters?

Your Top Christmas Carols & Christmas Songs [ 38 Answers ]

Ok it's that time of year when the holidays are around :) and I was just thinking what are people's top Carols or Chritmas songs that they like? Christmas songs for me would be The Pogues, Fairytale of New York ;) and my Christmas Carol would have to be Joy To The World :) ! Please feel...

View more questions Search