Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lulu27 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2006, 02:47 PM
    Please Help Me
    WELL... I am a college sophomore now and I really want to try to get SOME type, ANY type of job in the hospital but I don't know what to apply for. I don't really have any experience though. Any advice?
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Mar 20, 2006, 09:06 AM
    Have you looked into volunteering?

Getting exposure to the hospital's operations and making contacts will go a long way to helping you land a job there.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2006, 06:33 AM
    Hi,
    Do you want to work part-time while attending College? Or, is this just a part-time job when college is out for awhile?
    In any event, talk with your college Job Placement department, or even your counselor. They might have part-time job listings for a hospital, requiring no previous experience in any particular area.
    Cgirl Posts: 287, Reputation: 38

Mar 21, 2006, 06:48 AM
    What are you going to school for? I, until recently, was in the medical field and started as a CNA at the hospital. That is a good way to get your foot in the door and see if the medical field is really for you, because as a CNA, you see EVERYTHING. Plus, you get to know the doctors and nurses well. Otherwise like the other two gentleman said, volunteering is great for networking and getting to know people, and also talking to your counselor at school is a great idea. A lot of times they have ways to place you in a job, if it is related to your major, as an "apprenticeship" type program where you can observe people in your chosen profession on the job. Good luck to you, the medical field can be tough, but it is a very noble profession! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search