Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1sunneedae Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2008, 02:52 PM
    Garnishment judgements
    Do you always have a chance to go to court or "have your say" before a judgement is handed down?
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2008, 03:11 PM
    It depends on they type of case and the type of evidence. In a divorce case, you can always have your say. On a credit card debt, there may never be the necessity of a hearing if the plaintiff can make out a case based upon business records and affidavits.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wage garnishment or bank account garnishment? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. Where do I start? I was looking up my name in my local county court records because I'm paying off a debt of 800 plus interest that I do NOT owe. I saw that a judgement was entered for 10x that amount for a voluntary repo on a lease vehicle back in August of 2002. Luckily, I was in the...

Bank Account Garnishment and dealing with judgements. Serious response ONLY. [ 3 Answers ]

I have 2 judgements against me. 1 is for a broken lease and the other is for a 900 dollar bill with a major creditor who has passed it along to a lawyer. I made attempts to avoid court with both debts, but in both cases, the payment arrangements I could make were not good enough. In short, I could...

Judgements. What can they do? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a judgement against me now. The atty's have withdrawn their lower settlement offer and raised it because they found out about some property they think I own. They are threatening all kinds of tings to get the money. Can they garnish my wages? Can they take money from my bank account? Can...

Judgements. What can they take [ 1 Answers ]

I have a judgement against me now. The atty's have withdrawn their lower settlement offer and raised it because they found out about some property they think I own. They are threatening all kinds of tings to get the money. Can they garnish my wages? Can they take money from my bank account? Can...

Judgements [ 4 Answers ]

I moved 2 months ago and did not notify the Collection Agency of my new address. I left a forwarding address at the Post Office and have received nothing from them by mail. If so, the post office would have forwarded it to me. Someone told me a Collection Agency can legally seek an "undercover"...

View more questions Search