Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dolphin1980 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2008, 01:27 PM
    Inside unit won't shut off
    My ac unit sometimes goes off outside but stays running inside . I have to throw the breaker to make it go off . Is it my thermostat or something else ?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 24, 2008, 02:10 PM
    Check your thermostat and see if the blower is ON or set to automatic.

If set to automatic you could have a stuck blower relay or a bad circuit board depending upon the type of unit.

Also a low voltage wiring short can cause this problem

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AC Inside Blower Stops, Condenser runs continuously Until Entire Unit shut off & Reset [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Trane compressor outside. The unit comes on and the interior blower comes on for a few hours and then stops blowing. I tried to turn on the fan via the thrmostat and it does not work when it shuts down but otherwise works fine so its not a wiring problem. The outside unit continues to...

Outside unit turns on. Rotates, inside unit turns on. Does not blow / suck. [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, we had a storm today, and I got home from work to find the house at a hot 75 degrees... the outside unit wouldn't turn on or work or anything... So, I went out and turned off ALL of the breakers, and then turned ALL of them back on... OK, the outside unit spins now... Then I went into...

Carrier Heater won't shut off! Blows only cool air. Heat won't work! [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know what I can do? My carrier heater is only 2 years old. As of yesterday the heater unit wouldn't shut off and when I turn the heat up it just keeps blowing cool air. I heard I can trip a breaker switch. Is that the electrical switch in the garage or on the heater itself? Please let...

LENNOX Furnace fan won't SHUT off? Won't come on on AUTO? [ 33 Answers ]

Lennox G12Qe series 1986... furnace lights and if I wire blower up to constant power will work.. but blows luke warm air out... Any ideas... blower will not come on unless I hook up constant to it..

Outside unit doesn't come on when thermostat turns inside unit on so no heat? [ 1 Answers ]

My thermostat will trip my heater to turn on. The inside blower turns on but the outside unit doesn't turn on. I can get it to go by turnign off the unit at the thermostat and waiting a minute. I turn it on and off until I hear the outside unit turn on. The problem is when the Thermostat turns if...

View more questions Search