Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    margar Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Jun 24, 2008, 12:19 PM
    Possible humidity sensor failure?
    I have a maytag ldg9304 dryer that has a sensor in the drum. I think it is failing, but want to see if other agree with me. The dryer will dry clothes eventually, but once it runs the cycle that is selected, it will buss as if the clothes are dry but they aren't. I restart it and it will dry the clothes. I believe, the dryer sensor is suppose to keep the dryer running until the clothes are completely dry. This is why I think the sensor is failing. Any thought out there? Thanks
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2008, 01:20 PM
    Could be but have you cleaned out the vent hose from the dryer to where it exits the house and have you clean out the area where the blower motor is? Clean these 1st. Or, you can disconnect the vent hose from the dryer and dry a load. If it dries properly this way you know you have a venting issue
    margar Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Jun 25, 2008, 07:03 AM
    The vent isn't plugged. When I turn on the dryer the vent hood stands straight out as much as possible pushing the air out. But I haven't cleaned around the motor. I will do that. I did order the sensor, but it is on back order until the first of August, so I have time to cancel that order if cleaning the motor helps. Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MAP sensor;Mass Airflow sensor;Volume Air sensor-All Same? [ 8 Answers ]

97 Nissan Pickup - 160,000 miles - KA24E engine -Check engine Soon Light Code reader says volume air sensor. Is this the same as a mass airflow sensor or the MAP sensor? Where is this sensor located, in the throttle body injection? Just threw a new O2 (Bosch)sensor on it, I lost that bet.. it...

1989 honda civic. (code 4)crank angle sensor.(code 8) tdc position sensor [ 0 Answers ]

The car idles randomly after warm up.I check the ecu for codes and it gives 4 crank angle sensor and 8 tdc position sensor. I did a search and one of the ad posted by a guy in Canada says that he had to get part from different vehicles until he got all of them to work properly. Will I be able to...

New A/C, but humidity is high. [ 22 Answers ]

Hello. I'm new to this site. Hope you all can help! So, my house in southern Louisiana is about 3 years old. It was new construction by a builder. That is, it was built for sale, not by a private individual for personal use. It sat on the market, empty and unoccupied, for about a year and a...

Humidity [ 2 Answers ]

I am wondering where I should have my humidifier in my home. Should it be by a cold air return or farther away, or by the thermostat? Does it even matter as long as I keep it running?

Humidity and Oil Heating [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, We have oil heating and our windows are always fogged up with a good amount of condensation when the heater is on. We are now starting to see red mold forming on the bottom of the window panes. The normal winter humidity level in the house is usually around 65%. Is that too high? Is...

View more questions Search