Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1sunneedae Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2008, 12:11 PM
    Payroll garnishment
    Can a collection agency who bought out my defaulted student loan garnish my check
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2008, 12:20 PM
    Yes, if they followed the correct protocol and got a judgment.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 24, 2008, 12:43 PM
    Yes they may

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wage garnishment or bank account garnishment? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. Where do I start? I was looking up my name in my local county court records because I'm paying off a debt of 800 plus interest that I do NOT owe. I saw that a judgement was entered for 10x that amount for a voluntary repo on a lease vehicle back in August of 2002. Luckily, I was in the...

Payroll Garnishment [ 1 Answers ]

Can your whole paycheck be garnished?

Payroll and payroll taxes [ 1 Answers ]

I'm completing a project for a high school accounting class. I need to know how to journalize the payment of payroll. I also need to know how to journalize the payment of the payroll taxes.

Payroll [ 3 Answers ]

What is the rule of thumb for determining the amount of income a company should pay out as "payroll." (for paying the correct amounts of Medicare, Social Security, etc. etc.). Looking for the generally accepted rule-of-thumb.. I can't remember it.

Payroll garnishment - [ 4 Answers ]

Recently I discovered the company I work for "garnished several months" of my pay - in err.:( I want to know if they are legally responsible for returning my money to me with a small amount of interest?

View more questions Search