Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krystalball Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2008, 11:22 AM
    Darker nipples?
    Howcome when you get pregnant your nipples get darker? Does it go away after?
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2008, 11:33 AM
    Hormones. It may lighten a little after you give birth. But it won't go back to normal. At least that is what I experienced
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2008, 12:01 PM
    Changes in the skin are common during pregnancy. Many of the changes are caused by the higher levels of hormones during pregnancy. For example:
    You may notice a darkening or redness of skin in some places.
    Stretch marks may develop from your increase in weight.
    Your skin may itch and become red.
    Small flaps of skin called skin tags may form.
    Hair may grow on the face or chest.
    Spider veins or varicose veins may develop.
    Some normal changes in your skin and hair are described below. Be sure to talk to your healthcare provider if you notice any unusual skin changes or have any questions about caring for your skin.
    Where does the skin get darker?
    One of the changes you might notice early in your pregnancy is a darkening of the skin on or around your nipples. Later in your pregnancy, you may see a dark line on your skin that runs down your abdomen from your belly button to your pubic hairline. This line is called the linea nigra, or black line. You might also have blotchy brown spots on your forehead, nose, or cheeks, a skin change called melasma, chloasma, or the mask of pregnancy.
    The inner thighs may become darker. Freckles, moles, and scars may also seem darker.
    The darkening of the skin is caused by the increased amounts of hormones during pregnancy and an increase in the substance called melanin that is made by your body to give color to your hair, skin, and eyes.
    Skin darkening is more common in darker-skinned women. Most of these changes will fade or go away after delivery. The skin darkening is made worse by exposure to the sun. Using sunscreen when you are outdoors may help prevent it. Do NOT use skin-bleaching treatments while your pregnant.
    krystalball Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2008, 11:29 AM
    Thank you both of these answers really helped!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Darker Neck [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, My neck is very darker than my normal skin color.This is developed right from my teenage.The dark circles are in my back neck and in the front of my neck.But the skin color of my jaws or upper back or normal.So it is looking different.Can you suggest any treatment if I should take any or any...

:(Getting my hair darker:( [ 4 Answers ]

:i have light brown hair I want it to be a lot darker Without dying my hair What can I use? Can someone help me plaese

Darker skin [ 3 Answers ]

I have a very pale skin colour that is very annoying to me. Can anyone suggest any methods to darken my skin colour, other than getting a sun tan because I don't tend to go brown when I'm out in the sun?

Darker Hair [ 1 Answers ]

Hi!My hair is dark brown, but when I wash it, It turns blackish.Why?:confused:

View more questions Search