Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    plonak Posts: 742, Reputation: 117

Jun 24, 2008, 10:50 AM
    What would you tell your younger self?
    Hello everyone!!

Ok please forgive me if I chose the wrong topic to place this under but I thought of something fun..

If you had a chance to go back in time to your younger self, what advice would you give to yourself, or what warnings would you give?

I will start it.. for advice I would say
    - "stop worrying so much about what people think about you,"
    - "You can't make everyone like you"
    - "people are really in it for themselves"
    - "you will find love don't worry, it will be amazing, but it WILL hurt too!"

Ok so there is no wrong thing to say OK? It's what we have learned about the world that we would pass on to youngins.. OK now you go!
    betty_1025 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2008, 11:05 AM
    Well lol I am 16 years old and I can't go that far back but I will go 2 week ago to tell my parents about the engagedment and them not to find out by the princible
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2008, 11:24 AM
    I would say "Stay the course".
    There have been some negative things it would have been nice to avoid, but what other positive things might have never happened once the chain of events was altered. Fate I guess is what I am talking about.

Jun 24, 2008, 12:08 PM
    Anyone else? Come on don't be shy!
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2008, 12:10 PM
    Uhm... a few quick notes to my younger self...

Take more leaps of faith, more often... the landing, when you fall, isn't as bad as it appears to be.

Hesitation is often just the dumb use of caution as an excuse for failure to act.

Be comfortable in your own skin... other peoples opinions come and go... you only have to live with yourself.

When your grandfather is sick in the hospital in '00, don't leave his side. Stay beside him.

Date nicole until the second summer, but no longer. Its an absolute blast until then. Then drop it before all hell breaks loose.

Don't sell your tonka trucks and star wars toys at garage sales when you are a teen. Save them for your son.

Buy Microsoft.

Jun 24, 2008, 12:24 PM
    Haha that's great KP!!

I can think of some more for myself..

"don't conform to how people want me to be"

"don't give everything of myself to just one person, be independent"

"stop worrying!!!!"

"Don't date John, he's not right for you!! and you won't learn anything from the relationship"
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2008, 12:55 PM
    There aren't to many things I would change but here is what sticks out in my mind.

When you are a freshman Kiss the captain of the cheer leading squad Tiffany she really wants you to idiot why do you think she is always asking you to come over!! (still regret that one)

Don't skip school in 11th grade you almost failed thinking you were cool.

WHEN YOU MEET SUSAN RUN!! SHE ALMOST RUINS YOUR LIFE!!

Don't do Ecstasy and cheat on Amy with Susan then blame it on the drug YOU ruined a great relationship not a pill.

Other then that I would say just keep doing what you are doing. Wait to see how great your life is when you are 30!!
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2008, 01:19 PM
    "Try out all the creative arts you ever want to,because free time will be(very) limited soon."
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2008, 11:40 PM
    "Don't ever, ever learn to play the violin."

"Study medicine and become a veterinarian."

"Move to a warm climate while you're young, and stay there."

"Get a parrot, not a cat or dog."
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2008, 05:09 AM
    "Take that Peace Corps offer in Peru instead of getting married right out of college."

"Live alone for at least three years before getting married or having a live-in lover."

"Leave the One True Church even sooner, and don't feel guilty about it."
    mimi03 Posts: 201, Reputation: 45

Jun 25, 2008, 05:18 PM
    I had some bad things happen to me and I believed it was ALL my fault...

I'd tell that young girl. "It wasnt your fault, you didnt cause this, you couldnt have prevented it and you'll never forget it but you can take from it and help others grow and heal...hold on and be strong"

"It's okay to cry"

I really needed those words especially 'It wasn't your fault' and I tell other young people who are in that position the same thing...
    marty100no Posts: 16, Reputation: 0
    -

Jul 9, 2008, 12:31 AM
    I would say
    'never pass up a good thing'
    ' awlays be nice to people'
    ' never hold back"
    'if your going to do something do it 100%
    I would give advice like that
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2008, 10:15 AM
    I would say get it right the first time!
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2008, 02:16 PM
    "Don't be afraid to love, laugh as many times as you can, let your Dad hold your hand in public whenever he wants, tell those you love that you love them more, be less cautious about getting hurt and more willing to take a leap of faith. Make sure that you stay true to yourself and fulfill those dreams. You'll make it, and you'll look back and see just how blessed your life has been."
    SpiritusErutan Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2008, 03:51 PM
    I myself can not go back all that far seeing as I am 22 right now. However, I think that we all would like to go back and change things... but when you think about it changing the bad stuff back then could mean you loose some of the good things you have now.
    If I were to ever get the chance to go back in time and see my younger self, perhaps 10-12 years ago, I would have this to say.

As much as you want me to change things for the "better"; and warn you of all the bad. I am sorry I can not do that. I will tell you this though. Believe in yourself! Do not let the world and the people in it run your life because they think low of you for this reason or that reason. You are your own person, believe in yourself and do not worry about what others may think of you. Let them have their own opinion, they do not live with you, and in the end you are the one who has to live with yourself and the out comes of all your choices. Stand up for yourself and do not let people walk all over you.
    And if you can not remember all of this at the very least Keep this in mind...
    Everything Happens for a reason, even if that reason in unclear to us, believe that everything will work out for the best. So long as you breath.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2008, 01:59 PM
    There is only 1 thing that I would say to my younger self now:

DON'T SAY YES WHEN YOU REALLY MEAN NO...
    EightEleven91 Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Jul 22, 2008, 06:54 PM
    Hmm, good question.
    I am 16, just left school and I went through a stage where I hated school, coursework got me stressed, I stayed at home and did it there, I got rebelious and thought doing pointless work was.. pointless lol, when we had coursework to do, obviously it wasn't pointless when its in our exam.
    Anyway so I took a lot of time off school without people knowing, just to do coursework and after that, just chill because I was tired for whole days because of the stress of the coursework.
    Anyway my advice to myself would be to not take days off to do coursework, you will get it finished no matter what :D
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2008, 06:54 PM
    I would say...

Be strong, and don't take a path just to be liked.

Please take that class, you won't know it now, but you will love it!

Volunteer... you will learn something

Take time to think honestly to yourself!

Wait... and wait... and wait... till you know for sure its right!

Don't walk up those stairs, you broke your toe on them... ;)

I could go on and on. I need a notebook, some of these are too personal for here.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2008, 07:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rphan
    There is only 1 thing that i would say to my younger self now:

DON'T SAY YES WHEN YOU REALLY MEAN NO....

This is the best one! I needed that, even now I need that.;) Thank you Orphan

Nov 7, 2009, 02:17 AM

Ok I know this is old and I started this thread but time has gone by and well, I've learned some more things

"Don't define your self worth in what other people think about you, find it in yourself"

"When it comes down to it, do the right thing, listen to that pang in your stomach"

"Excercise more"

Anyone have some they want to share?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Younger guy [ 4 Answers ]

A boy, four years younger to me, has known me for five years and says that he loves me and wants to settle down with me. He is 24 and professionally doing well, and I too have a good career. The problem, is, first: we donot not meet , its been a few years that we have not met, we are daily in touch...

Older him.younger me! [ 6 Answers ]

Hey there, To start I am going to say that I'm in a little dilemma here. I am currently single but me and my ex boyfriend still share communication, he visits me regularly, and we love each other. Now this is where the problem comes in. I've known this guy at work for a while and at first I...

In love with Younger Gay Man [ 3 Answers ]

In love with Younger Gay Man Okays I'm a bit confused & so upset at same time unkinown where to turn. I'm a straight woman who currently isn't getting alone with commonlaw husband at moment. Have falling out of love with current commonlaw who is 36 years old. I've been with him 20 years or so...

Younger [ 6 Answers ]

When I was younger there was a movie that I watched over and over again, my parents do not remember the name. The cover had a pink boreder of some kind, it had a little girl and her brother that jumped through a mirror, the people were real. The movie was kind of scary, but things animals or...

View more questions Search