Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jo808 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2008, 08:11 AM
    What is a good feeding plan for my dog?
    I was wondering how many times a day I should feed my dog and how much. He is a seven year old -zu poodle cross. He is some-what one the heavy side, but not a lot. Any answers would be appreciated!
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2008, 08:22 AM
    I would take his total daily intake and divide it into 2 feedings.
    Look on your dog food bag and adjust it accordingly. I know it is a wide range for instance I have a 9 pound dog the bag says for 2-12 pds 1/4 to 1 cup a day. He eats about 1/2 cup a day with a little bit of fresh chicken, beef.. etc mixed in. But he gets a lot of play time and a walk every day. If he were a bit overweight I would either increase exercise, give a smaller amount of food.

Make sure to give him plenty of exercise.
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Jun 24, 2008, 08:33 AM
    Try working stair climbing into his routine, like put the food bowl upstairs. But don't do this to an older arthritic dog of course.
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2008, 08:50 AM
    Also- please check the sticky notes that Labman has posted at the beginning of this thread. There is a lot of information there that you would find helpful!
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Jun 24, 2008, 08:53 AM
    Four flights of stairs? That is one fat cat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Will this diet plan give me good results? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I just have a question about my diet and exercise plan, I am wondering if you think that it is a healthy one, as well as one that will give me good results. I am an 18 year old female college student, and I only have access to a treadmill; I do not have enough money to join a gym or anything of...

Puppy feeding [ 4 Answers ]

We have a 4 month old shepard lab mix and have been feeding her dry puppy food. Someone told us that we should add water to the food because they have rolling stomachs. Is this true?

Breast feeding [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I am 25 weeks pregnant and I was wondering with my first son I bottle feed with my second one he was only 2 pounds so he could not breast feed however I pumped for 2 months for him but I am a very busy mom of going to be three and when I pumped I stayed so wore out that I couldn't even stay...

Feeding time [ 2 Answers ]

Okay here is the deal. I love my wife so very very much. The problem is when I am trying to do something like feed our son, she has to come in and take over the situation. Today I had my son eating his lunch. He was saying he did not want to eat his hot dog. I told him for each piece of hot...

View more questions Search