Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kimdred Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2006, 07:32 AM
    Replacing a Heater Box on Kenmore Dryer
    Our dryer has begun to snag our clothes. Apparently the metal screen panel that covers the heater box has rusted and the metal has shredded. I was told by Sears I have to replace the entire heater box, even though it does not seem to be broken. Is this something that is relatively easy to do?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2006, 10:53 AM
    It may not be too bad once you have the back off. Mine has several heat sensors on it. Very carefully label all the wires before removing them. Once you have it off, look at the possibility of replacing the screen only. Likely it sets in a recess with a couple of spot welds holding it. Cut the old one out and check a hardware or home center for similar material. Cut it to fit and glue or rivet it in. Smooth up the rough edges, and put things back together. Might even be able to work inside the dryer.
    applguy Posts: 324, Reputation: 23

Mar 20, 2006, 09:40 PM
    There are some dryers out there that this may very well be the case. I need to know what model of dryer you have in order to be of any assistance. Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore HE3 Dryer [ 4 Answers ]

Dryer is getting electricity because the lights come on when a drying selection is pushed. The drum will not turn. When I press the start button, I hear a clicking sound and nothing happens after that! What's up with this?

Kenmore dryer [ 4 Answers ]

My dryer go on but there's no heat I just had it fix for the same problem. I was told it had a breaker that may turn heat back on. HELP I don't know where it is. Thank you.

Kenmore Dryer [ 2 Answers ]

My dryer runs. But, there is no heat. Is that an easy fix?

Gas water heater & gas dryer [ 4 Answers ]

I just moved into an duplex and purchased a gas dryer in excellent condition from a local thrift store. My trouble is, I don't see anywhere to hook the gas line (from the dryer up). It looks like there is just an electrical outlet. Can someone help? Isn't there some kind of two prong gas line...

Kenmore Gas Dryer [ 3 Answers ]

When I push the start button it sounds like it wants to start but it won't. I opened the door and depressed the safety switch to see if the drum would turn, It won't. If I keep pushing the start button, after a few seconds it stops making a noise like it is trying to start and begins to click( like...

View more questions Search