Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andyhaus1057 Posts: 98, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2008, 06:57 AM
    Fear and motivation
    What exactly does this quote mean?

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face... you must do the thing you think you cannot do." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2008, 07:08 AM
    It means to face your fears and don't let them get the better of you.
    You can not learn and gain from things you avoid because you fear them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have no motivation! [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all- I have a problem. I am an 18 year old female, 5'7", and i weigh 166 pounds. Almost exactly one year ago today I would guess, I weighed around 147 pounds, which means I put on about 19 pounds in one year! I wore a size 5 pants in September, and now I can barely fit into a size 9! I was...

Time and motivation! [ 1 Answers ]

I absolutely ned to drop a few (alot) pounds. I've been told that I do carry my weight well and when I tell people what I weigh or what size pants I wear they are usually shocked. BUT when I look in the mirror I am disgusted with myself. Its been a reallllly long time since I could be naked in...

Weightloss Motivation? [ 2 Answers ]

I've been dealing with being over weight ever since I stopped ballet and karate about the time of a family crisis when I was about 13. I am now about 50 lbs. overweight and I need to lose weight and be healthy to be truly happy with myself. It seems like that would be a good enough reason to put...

Need to find Motivation [ 1 Answers ]

I just don't know what to do anymore.. All I ever have worried about is my weight and yes, I do know that sounds like more of a body image problem yet I try and watch what I eat yet for some reason lately I can't find my way.. I was planning on trying to lose up to 20 lbs over the three month...

Motivation [ 2 Answers ]

This question is very similar to the question "How do I motivate someone?" But, at the same time, very different. I've always heard the adage, "Don't try to change your man." My boyfriend, who is also a musician, has trouble motivating himself in every area of his life. I had to take a break...

View more questions Search