Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Questions2007 Posts: 127, Reputation: 26

Jun 24, 2008, 06:51 AM
    This has weirded me out! What is my ex up too?
    Well people. NC is definitely the way. I have no intention of contacting my ex, if she contacts me I may speak with her, I may not. She hasn't anyway so it is immaterial.

I have been on a few dates recently, and also on internet dating. I have just been a bit weirded out though. I went on an internet dating site, one that I have not been on for a month or so, and checked to see who had favourited me, and low and behold, my ex is on there and she has been looking at my profile. This was 3 ish weeks ago when she was last on.

Is this weird or what?? Not sure what to make of it. Not sure I care anyway, just interested in peoples thoughts.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jun 24, 2008, 07:27 AM
    You don't make anything of it. It's no more weird than you sitting in your room contemplating her internet schedule.

NC means you're supposed to be moving on. It means you don't look at her stuff, check her myspace activity, or think about it if you accidentally learn something about her. You ignore it.

That's NC. So, you aren't doing NC yet.

Jun 24, 2008, 07:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JBeaucaire
    You don't make anything of it. It's no more weird than you sitting in your room contemplating her internet schedule.

NC means you're supposed to be moving on. It means you don't look at her stuff, check her myspace activity, or think about it if you accidentally learn something about her. You ignore it.

That's NC. So, you aren't doing NC yet.
    I certainly don't consider this breaking NC. I went on an internet dating site to see what ladies were on there, had a look to see who had viewed me, and randomly saw her. That is it. I probably will block her on there to stop me seeing her on there.

I found it weird because she now lives in another town, 50 miles away. She would have had to have done some serious searching to find me.

Believe me, no chance of me breaking NC!
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jun 24, 2008, 08:01 AM
    NC is a state of mind. When you accidentally run into them or get info on them, fine, no NC break. But when you start mulling that over and putting stuff behind it and then go on the internet again to get other people's opinion on what this might mean or what that might mean...

... THAT'S not NC any more.

I'm just saying. Let it go. Don't fret her actions/thoughts/internet habits. Let it go, man.

Jun 24, 2008, 08:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JBeaucaire
    NC is a state of mind. When you accidentally run into them or get info on them, fine, no NC break. But when you start mulling that over and putting stuff behind it and then go on the internet again to get other people's opinion on what this might mean or what that might mean...

...THAT'S not NC any more.

I'm just saying. Let it go. Don't fret her actions/thoughts/internet habits. Let it go, man.
    Fair point. I have already let it go. I have a date with a hot lady tomorrow night! Why worry?

I just come on here to get some perspective and keep me on the NC straight and narrow!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 24, 2008, 08:08 AM
    Don't let her curiosity kill your cat.

Jun 24, 2008, 08:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Don't let her curiosity kill your cat.
    Too right. I'll let her curiosity kill her own cat!
    jpm247 Posts: 88, Reputation: 18

Jun 24, 2008, 09:00 AM
    Sounds like the right course too me. Hope the date goes well my man.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search