Ask
    supernatural73 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2008, 06:03 AM
    Training to become mortician
    I'm just wondering what I need to do to train to become a mortician
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 24, 2008, 06:28 AM
    Step1 Work at a funeral home during high school, doing miscellaneous tasks. This will allow you to understand what the field entails.

Step2 Check out the National Funeral Directors Association Web site (see nfda.org) to find your state's educational requirements for a mortician's license.

Step3 Note that many states require an associate's degree in funeral service education. Some call for a four-year degree, while others require only high school plus training.

Step4 Apply to any of the accredited colleges listed in the NFDA Web site, making certain you will receive the background needed for a mortician's license in your state.

Step5 Take the National Board Examination after you have completed your degree work.

Step6 Work as an apprentice for one to two years before, during or after attending college. The exact time depends on your state. Contact your state board early on for exact information.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Training my dog [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone can provide me with any good sites so I can read about training my dog? He is only a year old and from my understanding it's better to start when they are young. I just won't to make sure I do it the right way rather then the wrong way.

The blonde mortician [ 2 Answers ]

Blonde Mortician A man who just died is delivered to a local mortuary wearing an expensive, expertly tailored black suit. The Blonde mortician asks the deceased's wife how she would like the body dressed. She points out that the man does look good in the black suit he is already wearing ...

PLC training [ 2 Answers ]

I’m looking for a free PLC training course online or in a school and I’m willing to also pay for the training. If anyone out there knows of any PLC training courses please tell me about it.

Dog Training [ 5 Answers ]

I was just wondering how long it would take a 10 month old pomeranian to learn simple commands such as sit, stay etc.

Job training [ 1 Answers ]

I am a Ghanaian and completed my Tertiary education in 2004,had done my national service.I have had a hard time finding job because I am told during interview that I have no job training. I did mechanical eng. Ples help me out Nat

View more questions Search