Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tinacasler Posts: 28, Reputation: 3

Mar 18, 2006, 09:08 PM
    Will my house burn down?
    :confused: :confused: I wrote earlier about the squeaking/screeching dryer... some people gave me some good advice, but I need to know if you think that it is safe to use, and if I need to buy a new one. If it is the bearings... what happens if they get too hot and seize completley... will that cause my dryer to catch on fire??
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2006, 09:32 PM
    If it is a bearing, and it fails, and the fan stops, it will over heat. It has heat sensors that should shut it off if it does. As long as it is still squealing, it is safe. If it quits, shut it off. Just don't go off and leave a load running. If the water at the edge of the drum stops the squeal, it isn't a bearing.

Mar 18, 2006, 09:33 PM
    So how do I get the water to the edge of the drum? Is this safe for me to do or should I have my fiancé do it?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2006, 11:01 AM
    A spray bottle would be best, but you could just dribble a little out of a cup. Just a little! Even a sponge would work. Just get a little water into the crack to lube the rubber seal for now.

Mar 19, 2006, 12:01 PM
    Okay so what do I do... open then dryer door and just spray... or what? Please don't get frustrated... I am a girl, young and this is my first house so I don't know much... please be patient.
    applguy Posts: 324, Reputation: 23

Mar 20, 2006, 09:43 PM
    There is no danger of a fire. Please don't do anything until I know what model of dryer you have. It is usually located on a sticker behind the door. Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eye burn [ 3 Answers ]

My husband was wielding and in the middle of the night, he said that his eye was burning bad. Any home remedies? Donna

How can I burn this.. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a file in my hard disk and its an intaller Adobe CS about 1.04 GB... my problem is I want to save it into disk, I don't have a DVD writter so I have to separate the file using 700 MB CDs but I don't know what files should be in the 1st cd and what files in the 2nd one for the installer to...

Can I burn it... [ 7 Answers ]

Hi my Q is can I download a Playstation Games and burn it to disk and play it with my playstation... :confused:

Can't burn cds but DVDS burn fine [ 7 Answers ]

:rolleyes: Hi there I have looked through the relevant forum pages and couldn't find the answer so here goes.I have a Sony DVD RW DW -D22A (cd rom drive)if I want to burn any DVD fine no problems but a different matter for cdrs.If I put a blank cdr into the drive and then try to burn all that...

CD Burn Help [ 1 Answers ]

I have been having a problem burning CD's using napster, I have used it before and it worked fine I don't know what has changed. I start the burn and I get a error message: An error has occurred while burning. A possible cause for this could be incompatiable media or too high a burning speed.Please...

View more questions Search